if fatigue makes cowards of men is shogun the toughest fighter of all time?

That never should have happened, Shogun wanted the fight stopped when he turtled up, the ref didn't stop it and Jones kneed him hard in the ribs forcing him to get back up. If the ref would have done his job it would have saved a legend having to tap( after the fight was already over.)

say what? lol

trolling?

Shogun is a great fighter, for sure... he just need to improve his standup skills and techniques... and of course he also needs to improve his cardio, if he does that i am sure he will have some chances against Bones...

say what? lol

trolling?

Not at all dude, rewatch the fight and you'll see what I'm talking about, I could be wrong but I don't think so. Also I'm a huge Shogun fan as I've said many times.

Not the toughest, but definitely up there. His heart can't be questioned.

However I think Nog wears the crown.

I think a strong argument could be made. The guy has taken some real beatings, inlcuding a few absolute bombs from Hendo, and has never been stopped from them (Jones was the closest, but he still wasn't out). For a guy with questionable cardio to get beat up by Hendo for three full rounds and to close the final two like he did was just remarkable.

Is this a saying because I have never heard it before.

But no Shogun is not the toughest fighter of all time, he's the toughest motherfucker to walk this planet. War Shogun

There's definitely something different about those Brazilian fighters, I don't think they know the meaning of the word quit.

Masahiko_Kimura_vs_Helio_Gracie_ude-garami.jpg

Its tradition at this point.

He tapped as the fight was called.

The fight ended when the ref decided to stop it. Shogun tapped after the fight was already stopped. He could have found a way out much sooner if he wanted too. The fact that he tapped after the fight was over renders it irrelevant in my mind. Did he lose because he lacked heart? No, so why try to bash him or question his warrior spirit.

Nog is the toughest moffo ever. His fight with Sapp was basically like Jones vs Shogun only Nog was getting destroyed by a 370 pound monster and won in the end.

sappnog.gif

Nog is the toughest moffo ever. His fight with Sapp was basically like Jones vs Shogun only Nog was getting destroyed by a 370 pound monster and won in the end.

sappnog.gif

And a truck ran him over. You should see the truck

He sure knew how to stop against Jones...

Other than that, no question he is tough.

Unlike everyone else, Jones went after Shogun's body, really smart if you think about it.

Back