if Eric Silva looked like Paul Harris

PowermmA

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What im tryin to say is eric silva has the looks of a marketable champ, but has failed to impress in the cage. If he had a paul harris head, would the hype train of silva been as big? I reckon no way

Totally. Silva joined the UFC as "the white Anderson Silva". He had Blackhouse pedigree.
I remember when Rogan said he moved like Anderson, he was just lighter.
Then people said "wow, if this guy can deal with Silva during sparring sessions the he must be a beast".

In the other side, Toquinho came from a decadent Brazilian Top Team being promoted by a silent Murilo Bustamante.

Nothin like eric silva though

Yes it was, maybe even worse and more delusional. I actually haven't ever heard anyone say Erick Silva is a terrible match-up for GSP and other top-5 WW's. LOL you use to hear that all thetime about Palhares. Names like Anderson Silva(lmao) were mentioned in the same sentence as him.

I'm pretty sure there's also been more Palhares AV's here then silva. At one point the large Palahares bandwagon and others felt....Weidman who? Palhares is the real top contender.

LOL some thought Belcher was a legit MW title contener, better then weidman, etc for smashing Palhares. Meanwhile half the smart fans picked Burkman to beat Jon Fitch not too long after he owned Silva.

If Erick had big msucles and would hold onto subs too long he might have bigger possibly dumber fanbase. There also was probalby a lot of overlap in the fans hyping both as legit contenders for no reason.

Last edited:
My wife would.not like him nearly as much. That's for sure.

Yes it was, maybe even worse and more delusional. I actually haven't ever heard anyone say Erick Silva is a terrible match-up for GSP and other top-5 WW's. LOL you use to hear that all thetime about Palhares. Names like Anderson Silva(lmao) were mentioned in the same sentence as him.

I'm pretty sure there's also been more Palhares AV's here then silva. At one point the large Palahares bandwagon and others felt....Weidman who? Palhares is the real top contender.

LOL some thought Belcher was a legit MW title contener, better then weidman, etc for smashing Palhares. Meanwhile half the smart fans picked Burkman to beat Jon Fitch not too long after he owned Silva.

If Erick had big msucles and would hold onto subs too long he might have bigger possibly dumber fanbase. There also was probalby a lot of overlap in the fans hyping both as legit contenders for no reason.

Ahh k... seems like I was not around when the paul harris hype train was in town... kind of glad

But what im trying to say is if eric was a ugly mother f***** would he have the same hype
And yes im using paul harris as an example of ugly

He definitely did, until his complete and utter 0.0 fight IQ was exposed.

Are you talking about this time when he held the sub, trying to call timeout against marquardt, jumping on the cage with dan miller, the steroid pop, or the other time he held a sub to long?

Totally. Silva joined the UFC as "the white Anderson Silva". He had Blackhouse pedigree.
I remember when Rogan said he moved like Anderson, he was just lighter.
Then people said "wow, if this guy can deal with Silva during sparring sessions the he must be a beast".

In the other side, Toquinho came from a decadent Brazilian Top Team being promoted by a silent Murilo Bustamante.

He does seem to have a ton of talent.. Sloppy technique lost him his last fight. I'm not saying that he's anywhere near Anderson Silva's level, but he could be a monster in the training room, and has looked like a savage besides this bout and against Fitch. If Silva doesn't get caught with that punch, everyone would be praising how good he looked in the fight.

^ This ...

TC is just either jealous ... or infatuated with Eric Silva's looks.

"Failed to impress in the cage". You're making it sound like he's had a Papy Abedi-esque run in the UFC. Look at Dos Anjos, Matt Brown. Fighters can and do rebound.

Hype trains are usually more about the muscular bodies than attractive faces.

He does seem to have a ton of talent.. Sloppy technique lost him his last fight. I'm not saying that he's anywhere near Anderson Silva's level, but he could be a monster in the training room, and has looked like a savage besides this bout and against Fitch. If Silva doesn't get caught with that punch, everyone would be praising how good he looked in the fight.

It's like I said in other thread, he really should think about just winning and securing his job instead being a showman, a posterboy.
He has shown solid takedown defense and above average subs/striking (he got Fitch in a clear rnc situation) but he has zero gameplan. That's because he usually keep saying shit like "I'll KO him in 30 seconds" or "the secret of the anti-wrestling is judo". Then, when he comes in the octagon he already has pressure over his head. If you promise, you'll have to deliver.
He should stay low profile and just fight.

"Failed to impress in the cage". You're making it sound like he's had a Papy Abedi-esque run in the UFC. Look at Dos Anjos, Matt Brown. Fighters can and do rebound.

Yes they can rebound and I reckon he will. But he has definitely not impressed me in the octagon thats for sure

Paul Harris has had his own hype trains. In fact, the Paul Harris 170 Champion 2014 Hype Train would have started up if Paul Harris hadn't gotten cut for holding the heel hook too long.

Paul Harris has had his own hype trains. In fact, the Paul Harris 170 Champion 2014 Hype Train would have started up if Paul Harris hadn't gotten cut for holding the heel hook too long.

This is very true

As long as he stays at 170 that train is still going to start up, just in Bellator/WSOF.

Back