If Dominick Cruz and Wonderboy were in the same weight class...

that was when he just begun his UFC career, he is a different fighter now, he just beat Rory.

WB is easily the best striker in WW division.

He beat a rory without a soul who was coming off a year long layoff

Not sure why people seem to think thats a good win.

He beat a rory without a soul who was coming off a year long layoff

Not sure why people seem to think thats a good win.

he beat hendricks and Rory, if you don't think thats impressive, idk what to say.

and you still have not prove why beating Hendricks isn't a great win, is not like Hendricks was coming off 3 losing streak, he just beat Matt Brown before he fight Thompson.

Thompson is just that good.

LOL

WB already beat Hendricks who is a pressure fighter with KO power.

and if WB ground game is that bad, how come he take down Jake in that fight.
beating hendricks post USADA isnt as impressive as it was pre USADA, hendricks is unmotivated and doesnt even make weight anymore

Two fighters I really like. I abstain since it's merely hypothetical.

if these guys were the same size, Cruz wouldn't get touched. He's the hardest guy in the ufc to hit, and has the best wrestling in his division, that has some damn good wrestlers. His wrestling gets overlooked because of his striking, but one bad timed kick from wb, and he's on his back.

You're such a hater, lol :p
Certainly not a fan of him as a person, but the main difference in this case is the striking accolades of Thompson combined with him actually having legit knockout power in all limbs. The Decisionator is hardly known for his power, first and foremost. I reckon Cruz would do great at Dancing With The Stars though!
To elaborate a little further, Cruz won a really close decision against Dillashaw, Thompson is a way higher level striker than TJ is (and I'm a fan).

if these guys were the same size, Cruz wouldn't get touched. He's the hardest guy in the ufc to hit, and has the best wrestling in his division, that has some damn good wrestlers. His wrestling gets overlooked because of his striking, but one bad timed kick from wb, and he's on his back.
Perfectly said, bud! Take a look, ilfirin.

Certainly not a fan of him as a person, but the main difference in this case is the striking accolades of Thompson combined with him actually having legit knockout power in all limbs. The Decisionator is hardly known for his power, first and foremost. I reckon Cruz would do great at Dancing With The Stars though!
To elaborate a little further, Cruz won a really close decision against Dillashaw, Thompson is a way higher level striker than TJ is (and I'm a fan).
Dom's power is super underrated as seen in his last fight. Faber gave him no credit it for it & paid for it. & like AJ said, he wouldn't need a shit load of power to bear a Wonderboy since he has also very under appreciated wrestling & insane timing with his takedowns.

It will be one of the most boring fights ever in MMA because none of them is a good pocket striker,

and they are always ready to spring out of their opponent's range if it doesn't look good to begin with.

They have a similar approach with striking.

It will be a chess match like Rory Macdonald vs Wonderboy, except Dominic Cruz will make it even more boringly so.

Last edited:
Perfectly said, bud! Take a look, ilfirin.

Dom's power is super underrated as seen in his last fight. Faber gave him no credit it for it & paid for it. & like AJ said, he wouldn't need a shit load of power to bear a Wonderboy since he has also very under appreciated wrestling & insane timing with his takedowns.
And yet he struggled with TJ, who isn't anywhere near as good a striker as Thompson is. If Dillashaw could touch him you can be sure that Wonderboy would too.

And yet he struggled with TJ, who isn't anywhere near as good a striker as Thompson is. If Dillashaw could touch him you can be sure that Wonderboy would too.
Well he also came off a multitude of injuries & a big layoff yet still won.

Honestly I don't think anyone really has much of an idea how that fight would go down. It's two guys who are so unique no one else in MMA even come close to fighting like them so we have no idea how they'd deal with it as neither man has ever fought anyone even remotely like the oether.

That said I'm a huge Wonderboy fan, think he's the best fighter at WW and would destroy Lawler, but I think Doms maybe the best wrestler in MMA right now with Jones and while Wonderboys defensive grappling has looked vastly improved I'm not sure it's good enough to stop that yet. I'd give a slight advantage to him, but really who the fuck knows. Cruz seems susceptible to ducking into kicks and Wonderboy got those crazy sneaky ridiculous headkicks.

Well he also came off a multitude of injuries & a big layoff yet still won.
He's ALWAYS coming off a multitude of injuries. That's another one of his problems. And he barely won, imho. I wouldn't call it a robbery, but I wouldn't have called TJ winning the fight a robbery either so.

He's ALWAYS coming off a multitude of injuries. That's another one of his problems. And he barely won, imho. I wouldn't call it a robbery, but I wouldn't have called TJ winning the fight a robbery either so.
But you can say that about maaaaany fighters. Cowboy says he goes into every fight with an injury...probably because he fights every week but still, lol. He isn't alone.

But you can say that about maaaaany fighters. Cowboy says he goes into every fight with an injury...probably because he fights every week but still, lol. He isn't alone.
I wouldn't say many to be honest. The only two people I can think of that are injured (almost) as often as Cruz, are Pettis and (sadly) Khabib. It's one thing going into a fight not in perfect shape injury-wise, that is likely the case for most fighters, but there aren't that many who constantly get injured to the point where they can't compete.

I wouldn't say many to be honest. The only two people I can think of that are injured (almost) as often as Cruz, are Pettis and (sadly) Khabib. It's one thing going into a fight not in perfect shape injury-wise, that is likely the case for most fighters, but there aren't that many who constantly get injured to the point where they can't compete.
Now you're referring to guys who get injured significantly often. & I wouldn't group Dom & even Khabib in with the Pettis', Cain's, Weidman's & Nog's of MMA since those guys get injured consistently where as Dom & Khabib have only been injured in certain pockets of their careers. They've just been a bit recent. But when you look at it that way, it makes it even more impressive how successful they've been despite being so injury prone.

Only looked that way against TJ. Even then, he was only hit with like two good ones.

Well I don't just think that cuz the TJ fight, more so because of how much he leans side to side, it makes him susceptible to getting timed leaning into one like TJ did a few times. Now his amazing feints and set ups and reaction time and footwork help protect him from this, but Wonderboy also throws his head kicks way better than TJ. Zero set up, lightening fast and from crazy angles.

Back