If Diaz beats Silva is Weidman next?

makavelihhh

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
No kidding, prime Silva smashes Diaz.

But if Anderson has lost his reflexes, speed and chin due to age I think Nick can win.

And then?

I think a fight with Weidman (or Belfort) will be inevitable... Diaz will want it, most of UFC fans will want it, Dana will want it and the MW champion for sure.

It seems super unbelivable now but what if Nick Diaz is MW champ by end of 2015?

I can't see diaz beating silva if he actually fought with the broken leg, but if he does? I just can't see it, right now CM Punk is as deserving of that fight, and probably stands a similar chance

Diaz/Wiedman seems like it would be a great draw. I'd love to see it if Nick can get through Silva. I expect Silva to destroy nick, but Nick might get a nice shot like he did with lawler, which was a pretty similar punch to what Weidman KO'd Silva with. Little short hook.

Lol The Chris would smash him.. But no, it would go to Jacare/Romero winner.

I hope not
it would give a reward to a guy who quit and badmouthed everyone

I DO think Anderson wins, but, it wouldn't surprise me if Diaz took it

I think Dana said that if Anderson wins he will face the winner for the mw title, he didnt say anything about Diaz. I would imagine that Diaz will get a bigger fight at WW

There are times I have to admit I can be that horrible casual fan that all the sophisticated Sherdog MMA elites hate and this is one of those times.

So yes, if Diaz somehow is able to beat a physically/mentally less than recovered Anderson Silva, I'd love to see a Diaz/Wiedman fight.

After that, it gets worse. I'll want to see a Diaz/CM Punk fight for the MW Championship. The UFC can market it as Diaz being so offended and pissed off that some fake wrestler can jump into the UFC that he personally wants to destroy and embarrass CM Punk.

It's like a greasy quadruple cheese burger loaded with bacon, guac and onions. You know it's not good for you but it just looks SO good.

I'll rather see Lawler/Diaz II to be honest. Diaz has a lot of great fights at 170lbs.

Diaz/Lombard
Diaz/Brown
Diaz/Hendricks

you get the point.

No way there is not a worse match up for Nick in the UFC than Weidman

If Diaz wins he can go fight for the belt at 170

No kidding, prime Silva smashes Diaz.

But if Anderson has lost his reflexes, speed and chin due to age I think Nick can win.

And then?

I think a fight with Weidman (or Belfort) will be inevitable... Diaz will want it, most of UFC fans will want it, Dana will want it and the MW champion for sure.

It seems super unbelivable now but what if Nick Diaz is MW champ by end of 2015?

Thank goodness no one's paying you to think.

That was a little harsh..

A: Silva beats Diaz handily

B: weidman humiliates him. Nick knows that. Nick doesn't want it, he's angling for better ww matches. Weidman is a true competitor. He doesn't want that freak show.

C: UFC brass doesn't want to deal with a Diaz as champ. It's 1000x the headache it's worth.

Last edited:
Don't know if TS is serious but as much as Dana probably hates Diaz he wouldn't send him out against Chris

No way Nick can't beat the top guys at WW he is not beating the best at MW. If Silva comes back in even OK form he is going to take Nick out.

Did you watch Diaz get outmuscled by GSP for 25 minutes? The Chris would do that but worse. If Diaz doesn't get finished, it would be the first time a 50-40 decision was in play ever in mma.

Honestly I've pretty much for the most part rooted against Nick Diaz, none more than the Paul Daley fight, and like this one with Anderson Silva too,,, But if he ends up miraculously winning against Anderson then I would certainly love to see him fight Chris Weidman and hopefully wins it! I'd be cheering for him.

Nick is fighting in MW just because Silva, he will never ever take a fight in MW again, he is just too small

if he wins, he will fight Lawler at WW for the title for sure, Dana already said he wants to see a rematch

Back