If Demian Maia wins...

• Thread starter Deleted member 245586
  • Start date
Maia vs Nick Diaz in a 'revenge match' if Maia starkes Shields (which I believe he will). Nick then does the rematch with Condit, we get the dog fight we were promised, and Nick wins (in impressive fashion) in what will become FOTY. Nick vs Brown for The Immortal's first title defense. Nick Diaz WW champ, 2014. You heard it here first gentlemen!

Maia deserves a title fight or number one contender bout with Robbie/Rory.

DHK doesnt deserve to fight Maia even if Maia wins but in a disappointing manner. maybe theyd give Maia another fight with a contender but for a clear TS

Some headliners for Fight Night have been way better (in whatever way you look at it) than other fights on PPV. Not that it matters, a win is a win, even outside the UFC. The UFC only acknowledges UFC wins in their stats because of marketing reasons, that's understandable. But on an MMA forum only using the small margin of UFC PPV is a bit sketchy, imo.

I understand that they want fighters to have more PPV wins before they actually headline a PPV. It's the highest league in MMA and the highest league within the league, so to speak. But that doesn't mean that what they did outside of that league doesn't matter. Those wins outside of the UFC got them into the UFC, and same goes for the wins on Fight Nights, so all the reason to acknowledge them.

So, when you make your thread, be sure to include everything you like in your OP.....and I'll continue to do the same:)

DHK doesn't deserve Maia? :icon_lol:.

If you take out Maia's fluke win over Kim, as a WW he only has a win over Fitch (who isn't a UFC fighter anymore and only has 2 wins in his last 6 fights ) and Story (who also only has 2 wins in his last 6 fights).

The UFC should do Kim vs Maia rematch, winner gets title shot.(if they both win)

Hopefully Paul Harris wins too.....which would set up

Paul Harris vs Maia

So, when you make your thread, be sure to include everything you like in your OP.....and I'll continue to do the same:)

I will. And if someone will criticizes my OP I will think about the legitimacy of the critique and if I agree I will change my OP. I was just saying, though. Don't have to do anything with it. Just an argument on a forum.

He already destroyed stun gun. Whether you call the result lucky, weird or whatever, it was clear stun gun was outmatched and always will be against Maia.

If Maia wins, give him the shot.

IMO Maia deserves a title shot if he wins the next fight.

He already destroyed stun gun. Whether you call the result lucky, weird or whatever, it was clear stun gun was outmatched and always will be against Maia.

That's like saying Shogun was and will always be outmatched against Coleman. Don't care if the rematch happens or not, but if the guy loses because of the muscle cramp that is a perfect case to call a fight a fluke.

Maia deserves far better than Shields or Kim to be honest.. So with a win here, he should get a top 5 guy.

You give him a Munoz or Weidman or Hendricks, Ellenberger, or even Kos type and suddenly he has to respect the striking and they have the defensive wrestling to make him stand.

Ok, but just take Kos off that list.
Kos has the most overrated striking in the UFC. He has outstruck a few lower tier fighters standing, and that's it.
Maia would beat Kos, no problem.

If MaIA continues his dominant dismantling against Shields, he will get a title shot. Fighting the LOSER of Hendricks GSP will be the winner of condit brown.

This is how I feel it'll play out as well.

GSP beats Hendricks
Condit beats Brown
Rory beats Robbie
Maia beats Shields

and Maia gets next TS. I'm psychic .. or psychotic ... mostly the same letters so I get confused sometimes. Also I'd enjoy Rory vs Hendricks, and Condit vs. top contender for next TS.

I agree with Barney

Back