If Demian Maia wins...

• Thread starter Deleted member 245586
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 245586

If Demian Maia beats Jake Shields but not in a manner acceptable to Dana White and/or the fans will they grant Stun Gun the rematch he has been calling for?

I would like to see Maia get the next shot at the title but we know unless you win a certain way, that will not happen (especially since they have options with Rory vs Robbie and Condit vs Brown).

I just checked the card for UFC Fight Night 29 and realized they booked Stun Gun vs Erick Silva on the same night as Shields vs Maia.

Maia will have extra pressure to win in a spectacular fashion. Hope he doesn't choke.

Demian Maia
Height = 6'0"
Age = 35yrs.
Reach = 72"
Wins on UFC PPV = 11
Finishes = 3 knockouts and 9 submissions
UFC rank = 4th
Team = Wand Fight Team
4th degree black belt in BJJ
Current winning streak = 3 fights (4 if he beats Shields)

Vs.

Dong Hyun Kim "Stun Gun"
Height = 6'1"
Age = 31yrs.
Reach = 76"
Wins on UFC PPV = 6
Finishes = 6 knockouts and 1 submission
UFC rank = Unranked
Team = Busan Team M.A.D.
4th Dan black belt in Judo
Current winning streak = 2 fights (3 if he beats Erick Silva)

Last edited by a moderator:
maia could get a shot if he subs shields
carlos vs brown winner can get a title shot
lawler vs mcdonald winner can get a title shot

*Demian

And no, I'm not interested in a rematch. Stun Gun style has nothing to offer on Maia's.
A lot of more interesting fights available, like Stun Gun X Kampann (if the Korean beats Erick) or if the Brazilian beats Shields, Maia X (Hendricks X GSP loser)

If MaIA continues his dominant dismantling against Shields, he will get a title shot. Fighting the LOSER of Hendricks GSP will be the winner of condit brown.

*Demian

And no, I'm not interested in a rematch. Stun Gun style has nothing to offer on Maia's.
A lot of more interesting fights available, like Stun Gun X Kampann (if the Korean beats Erick) or if the Brazilian beats Shields, Maia X (Hendricks X GSP loser)

You're breaking the cardinal rule and matching winners with losers.

I'd love to see Maia being tested by a legit Top 10 fighter to be honest, ideally top 5, I mean he is very close to a title shot apparently and hasn't beaten anyone higher up yet, Stun Gun was a freak injury and Shields isn't exactly the guy to beat at 170

none of those guys deserve it as much as maia at this point. sorry but it's true. i think we're jumping the gun WAY too quick on lawler. condit had his shot and lost, then lost to hendricks. rory's ww resume is on the same level as maias. matt brown hasn't beaten anybody at the top.

I'd love to see Maia being tested by a legit Top 10 fighter to be honest, ideally top 5, I mean he is very close to a title shot apparently and hasn't beaten anyone higher up yet, Stun Gun was a freak injury and Shields isn't exactly the guy to beat at 170

jon fitch isn't a top 5 fighter? i'm not buying the whole, "kim was injured before the fight" bs. he was fighting maias TDs until he couldn't anymore. then the injury. Story is no slouch either.

DHK doesn't deserve Maia again IMO
Not right now. Maia will most likely fight the winner of Rory/Robbie after Hendricks ko's GSP

There's just to much competition for a title shot this days. I'd say that if Hendricks beats GSP, Condit gets a shot (if he wins). Otherwise, I see Maia or Lawler getting the nod.

Here in Brazil the UFC is selling this card as the card where Maia will earn his title shot

jon fitch isn't a top 5 fighter? i'm not buying the whole, "kim was injured before the fight" bs. he was fighting maias TDs until he couldn't anymore. then the injury. Story is no slouch either.

according to Dana Fitch is apparently not good enough to keep competing in the UFC so...

I thought Stun gun had that muscle spasm when he was taken down? He didn't defend at all and just crumbled in pain.

I guess Maia deserves it more than most but I'd still love to see him get tested by an actual top tier guy. I mean look at what Ellenberger had to fight through to get even close to be considered for title contention

Last edited:
Why on UFC PPV? Do Fight Nights and on Fox not count?

Winner of Brown/Condit should fight GSP if he beats Hendricks

If GSP loses to Hendricks, GSP gets a rematch and then Maia vs Brown/Condit/MacDonald

Title shot! Maia should be fighting higher ranked opponent buy it's not his fault.

Condit or Shields won't get a title shot. If Maia and Brown win, Maia gets it. If Brown wins and Maia loses, Brown gets the shot.

Makes sense

If Maia destroys Shields (like I think he can) I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him fight for the belt. Since dropping to WW he has been destroying his matches and climbing the ranks quickly.

That being said, is he wins but barely, then I could see a rematch with Stun Gun. I'd watch for sure!

no,plus DHK needs to beat Erick Silva for that to happen, let's see how he does with silva

Back