If DC vs. Silva had no time limit, no rounds, who would win?

Silva in his prime destroys him IMO. After a few rounds of DC trying to GNP him, Silva is going to land that big shot and put him out..

Anderson will literally lay on his back for rest of his life unless the round is over lol

You never see this guy get back on his feet with his own strength.

Anderson could have maybe won 1 round

DC still wins tho

Maybe. Truth is it'd still be an old past his prime Andy even with a full camp. Still would have loved to see it.

And, I know Dana most likely handed Silva a blank check.. but I respect the hell out of Anderson for just walking in with 2 days notice into a weight class above his own, past his prime, with most likely a handful of Big Macs still digesting in his system and fighting one of the top 2 LHW's in the world. Gave no shits about his legacy or possibly even his own well being. Just said 'fuck it'.

And whether you hate Silva or not, you have to sort of appreciate that sort of thing imo.

Both those guys dont have the jiu jitsu of Anderson, if Anderson regularly rolled with Big Nog he probably knows how to survive against a larger guy on top.

...yes Anderson should have the better jj than those two but when Silva is on his back, his strongest position is the full guard...where he got long arms and leg's for control and throwing up armbars and triangles.
But he got his guard passed again and again and DC was controlling the positions and the pace on the ground and getting in very good positions for sub attemps (...yes chael did that too and got subbed but that was at mw and chael ain't no DC)...but he didn't really go hard for a finish...like he did against Hendo and Rumble. Where he was doing much more..
I think DC gave Silva the respect he deserves...for all what he has done and also for taking the fight on like 2 Days notice...and it kinda showed it in those positions who lead up for finishing.

Back