If DC loses tonight. Whats the excuse Jones haters are going to spew?

The more interesting question is if Jon Jones loses tonight, what will the JBJ fanboy excuses be?

DC should be at HW?

Jones knee injury?

Honestly, I think JBJ fans will have a much tougher time swallowing a loss than DC fans will.

As long as it doesn't involve eye pokes.

Jones loves his eye pokes.

Well, there seems to be a consensus with you guys saying that eye pokes will be an excuse for a loss. A valid one I agree if in fact JBJ gets to pokin.

However, I wonder if DC's corner is hyper aware of this and has coached DC to be super aware that if he does get poked to over-react to get a quicker penalty/point taken away?

Being a no hater but a fan of DC, I would say that Jon won well and that I expect he can have at least three more fights in his class to prove he is as great as he can be. He has still good very opposition (and kind of similar physical features) in the names of Gus, Phil and OSP.

I just hope Jon doesn't eye poke, retire or move up to HW. That's it.

Last edited:
Well, there seems to be a consensus with you guys saying that eye pokes will be an excuse for a loss. A valid one I agree if in fact JBJ gets to pokin.

However, I wonder if DC's corner is hyper aware of this and has coached DC to be super aware that if he does get poked to over-react to get a quicker penalty/point taken away?

Wouldn't blame DC to go all soccer/NBA with an eye poke.

Seriously, I'm not a Jones fan but the guy is outstanding.. But does his eye pokes help contribute to such?

If Jones wins, I hope it's by way of his talent alone. Zero eye pokes.

I'm withholding my excuses in case it happens I don't want to give away the gameplan of excuses I've prepared. Cormier will likely be the new champ so it probably won't come up anyway.

This :)

Jones only won because of his reach.

Jones only won because of his reach.

Or

Jones only won because of his reach?

When Jones loses you can use the excuse that you rode his dick too hard b4 the fight TS, at least after you get his balls out of your fanboy mouth and can speak anyway.

Being a no hater but a fan of DC, I would say that Jon won well and that I expect he can have at least three more fights in his class to prove he is as great as he can be. He has still good very opposition (and kind of similar physical features) in the names of Gus, Phil and OSP.

I just hope Jon doesn't eye poke, retire or move up to HW. That's it.

Actually, I think that if Jones completely dominates DC (which I doubt he will), he may in fact start a transition to HW. He could then use this victory as a threat to Cain, kinda like "I beat your boy now Im coming for you," kinda thing. It would make for an interesting rivalry match and the biggest superfight in MMA history (which would solidify Jones as the GOAT) but Im just speculating.

Regardless, I think its been Bones idea to move up to HW for sometime. Especially since he cleared out the LHW division thus far.

Eye pokes, not that that isn't a legitimate excuse

Back