If DC loses to Jones again do you think he will move up now that Cain is out?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
And if DC does, do you think he will be champion?

I wouldn't mind seeing him try that. I liked Cain when he beat Brock for obvious reasons...but I don't like his shelf time. DC vs Fabricio would be pretty interesting.

Given his age, the animosity and how sad he was after the first loss to Jones, I think he'll probably retire if he loses a second time.

daniel-cormier-crying-after-jon.jpg

Is this breaking news ? Cain is never coming back ? His injury will never heal, first I have heard of this please report back if any more details surface

he will go back to HW I reckon, Cain hardly ever fights, so that is no a problem.

Jones will probably follow him up there just so he won't have a chance

Jones: "DC, no matter where you go old man. I'm coming."

Sure, he can keep that belt warm too until Jones beats Rumble & Gus again and moves up to take it.

he should
HW is pretty thin the only guy i see giving him trouble is Werdum

Yes I think so. He will either move to heavyweight or retire, but I don't see him sticking around at lhw.

Myabe but Jones might go up too! so he can't run from Bones...

If he did, it's tantamount to straight up saying he could never be as great as Jones. If Jones moved up with the express purpose of shredding that dream too, and did exactly that, what could he possibly have left? Where could he go? Maybe Bellator? Clock is ticking on his longevity...

Any of it would of course give the "Paper Belt" crowd so much more that even though Cormier IS the legitimate champion, a significant portion of MMA aficionados will never see him as legit. Thing is, I don't care much for either guy, for different reasons, but I can say this then: I'll side with the guy who is not in love with the ol' eye poke technique. ;)

Don't think so. DC seemed to look at moving to LHW has a good thing for his long term health. He needed to eat better and such. Not that people can't change their minds.

If he loses to Jon again, I predict an Ellen appearance.

DC should and Jones will probably follow him.
I just wonder how they will both handle the arrival of Mr. McGregor into the heavyweight fold?

And if DC does, do you think he will be champion?
Could see him smashing the current heavyweights and a marketable fight against Jones for a 3rd fight as DC could be seen much stronger at HW :cool: however any weight Jones beats DC

Time is not in DC's favour. He is getting up there in age and probably isn't going to get any better at this stage of his career while Jones probably will.

I think Jones is going to win again.

Back