if DC beats Jones he's number 1 P4P

Beating JDS twice, convincingly, with all his other wins, is still better than DC's best wins, period. I'm not even a Cain fan. Weidman has less wins, but better wins, sorry. And beating AS twice is, again, better than anything DC has done. Unless beating an old, underweight Hendo and a barista is really, really impressive to you.
He also lost convincingly to JDS, remember? Can't just talk about the wins in this discussion, you also have to talk about the losses. Being undefeated is a point of difference.

Pound for pound doesn't mean longevity, accomplishments, or anything else. It means who is the best fighter in the world regardless of size. You people arguing over who has the best resume are fools - it's nothing more than an opinion and demanding your opinion is undeniably better than someone else's is childish.

For my 2 cents it's Cain atm. I just believe his skillset is the best out there.

Longevity and resume do show the ability to fight different skillsets and showcase your own skills against different opponents. In that regard I don't see how you can rank Cain above Aldo and Weidman. Not a hater, they've just been more dominant in the UFC.

Pound for pound doesn't mean longevity, accomplishments, or anything else. It means who is the best fighter in the world regardless of size. You people arguing over who has the best resume are fools - it's nothing more than an opinion and demanding your opinion is undeniably better than someone else's is childish.

For my 2 cents it's Cain atm. I just believe his skillset is the best out there.

that's the problem. You can't prove a fantasy matchup based on perceived skills. On paper GSP should have won an easy 50-45 over Johny

P4P rankings aren't like title fights where you're number one if you beat number one.
It goes by accomplishments, and Jones would STILL be above DC even if DC wins easily.
No it doesn't. It goes by who would win/is more skilled if they were the same weight. And if DC and JJ both the same weight (ie: 205) and one wins then the winner is P4P better so...

Some of you have the stupidest fucking reasoning.

Jones still ahead of dc even if DC wins?
MM top 3 P4P?

IF this happened Weidman and Aldo would be #1 and #2 and u could debate who is better

Longevity and resume do show the ability to fight different skillsets and showcase your own skills against different opponents. In that regard I don't see how you can rank Cain above Aldo and Weidman. Not a hater, they've just been more dominant in the UFC.

Longevity and resume certainly matter when discussing careers and overall goat type rankings. Pound for pound however is simply who, at this moment in time, do you believe has the best overall set of skills. I think it's Cain. But that's my opinion.

P4P is NOT a career achievement designation. It's who is the best, right now. I'm not sure if there is a clear answer right now. Strong cases could be made for Jones or Weidman as well. I'm not sure if Aldo should still be there as I don't believe he is as good as he once was. But then again what do I - or any of you - know.

Aldo, Weidman and MM would all still be above him imo.

If he keeps wrecking shit at LHW and then goes back to up HW to continue wrecking shit, DC will climb the ladder. When you're the best everyone will know it.

Why would DC be ranked higher than Weidman? That makes no sense.

He'd have a win over someone who is better than anyone Weidman has beaten, and he hasn't lost a round yet in his career. It's pretty much impossible to really determine p4p rankings with any certainty, but both guys would be reasonable choices for No. 1 if Cormier were to beat Jones (which I think he will).

No it doesn't. It goes by who would win/is more skilled if they were the same weight. And if DC and JJ both the same weight (ie: 205) and one wins then the winner is P4P better so...

Longevity and resume certainly matter when discussing careers and overall goat type rankings. Pound for pound however is simply who, at this moment in time, do you believe has the best overall set of skills. I think it's Cain. But that's my opinion.

P4P is NOT a career achievement designation. It's who is the best, right now. I'm not sure if there is a clear answer right now. Strong cases could be made for Jones or Weidman as well. I'm not sure if Aldo should still be there as I don't believe he is as good as he once was. But then again what do I - or any of you - know.

Thanks for fighting the good fight, gentlemen, but you're honestly talking to brick walls. These buffoons simply refuse to understand/listen.

Back