If Davis beats Bader, what would you think about Cormier vs Davis next?

Phil said he's the best grappler in the LHW division and he's a cool guy, but I think DC slams him around.

Like he was going to do to jones? :(

Phil would make DC gas early and LOL at people thinking DC is going to "ragdoll" Phil im guessing you're the ones who thought Jones was going to get tossed around too?

DC's only shot here is to knock Phil out which i HIGHLY doubt he is doing because Phil has one hell of a chin and on that note LOL at people who think Bader can knock Phil out for that matter

Phil would make DC gas early and LOL at people thinking DC is going to "ragdoll" Phil im guessing you're the ones who thought Jones was going to get tossed around too?

DC's only shot here is to knock Phil out which i HIGHLY doubt he is doing because Phil has one hell of a chin and on that note LOL at people who think Bader can knock Phil out for that matter
Even if he doesn't KO him, Cormier wins an easy unanimous decision with his striking, just like Rumble did. Davis' standup has barely developed at all, still a one trick pony and Cormier cancels out that one trick.

Even if he doesn't KO him, Cormier wins an easy unanimous decision with his striking, just like Rumble did. Davis' standup has barely developed at all, still a one trick pony and Cormier cancels out that one trick.

I think phil is too classy to make excuses. but even gustafsson stated that he believes something was wrong with mr wonderful in his fight vs crumble. I'd like to see a rematch between johnson and davis some time down the line, I think phil can take johnson down and submit him.

I think phil is too classy to make excuses. but even gustafsson stated that he believes something was wrong with mr wonderful in his fight vs crumble. I'd like to see a rematch between johnson and davis some time down the line, I think phil can take johnson down and submit him.
He can't. He'll be lucky to even beat Bader, let alone Rumble or Cormier. He needs to put in some serious work with his standup. It's not improving at the rate many of these other wrestlers who have transitioned into MMA have improved theirs.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bader beats him next Saturday. Rumble and Cormier both kill him every time.

He can't. He'll be lucky to even beat Bader, let alone Rumble or Cormier. He needs to put in some serious work with his standup. It's not improving at the rate many of these other wrestlers who have transitioned into MMA have improved theirs.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bader beats him next Saturday. Rumble and Cormier both kill him every time.

Call it mma-math or whatever, but the fact that davis was able to repeatedly take down and control texeira, veritably outclassing him so thoroughly, while jones struggled to get glover down, says a lot in my opinion.

luckily for him the same can be said for his opponent...Bader isn't very good on the standup either but he has power which gets him through but once he is up against someone with a chin that can take his shots Glover,OSP etc he tends to get outstruck most the time

Cormeir destroys Davis, I'm good with it he could use some humbling.
Besides I'd love to see Phil try to trash talk Cormier.

luckily for him the same can be said for his opponent...Bader isn't very good on the standup either but he has power which gets him through but once he is up against someone with a chin that can take his shots Glover,OSP etc he tends to get outstruck most the time
Yeah, Bader's not that great either, but it will be Bader's power vs. Davis point fighting striking on the feet with the wrestling canceling each other out, most likely. Could go either way, but neither of those guys is at the level of Rumble or Cormier.

I don't like Phil Davis and I have a certain respect for DC after the Jones fight. If DC can go in there and give Davis a Rashad style beating...heck even a Rumble Johnson beating, I'd be happy.

I guess, I mean at some point Jones-Davis has to happen right? Davis has been floating in the periphery for like 3 years now about 1 or 2 fights away from a Jones fight and always gets Shad or Rumbled. Maybe Davis can finally break through, I think beating Glover-Bader-DC gets him a Jones fight. He might be able to take DC down now that Jones has provided a very nice blue print.

as a davis fan, i dont want that lol.

i dunno, maybe phil could win somehow.

Back