If Davis beats Bader, what would you think about Cormier vs Davis next?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by vyronturner, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Kirin

Kirin Death Operator Platinum Member

Like he was going to do to jones? :(

2. Coyotexx***

Coyotexx*** Green Belt

Phil would make DC gas early and LOL at people thinking DC is going to "ragdoll" Phil im guessing you're the ones who thought Jones was going to get tossed around too?

DC's only shot here is to knock Phil out which i HIGHLY doubt he is doing because Phil has one hell of a chin and on that note LOL at people who think Bader can knock Phil out for that matter

3. Tapped2Strikes

Tapped2Strikes Orange Belt

Even if he doesn't KO him, Cormier wins an easy unanimous decision with his striking, just like Rumble did. Davis' standup has barely developed at all, still a one trick pony and Cormier cancels out that one trick.

4. Kirin

I think phil is too classy to make excuses. but even gustafsson stated that he believes something was wrong with mr wonderful in his fight vs crumble. I'd like to see a rematch between johnson and davis some time down the line, I think phil can take johnson down and submit him.

5. Tapped2Strikes

He can't. He'll be lucky to even beat Bader, let alone Rumble or Cormier. He needs to put in some serious work with his standup. It's not improving at the rate many of these other wrestlers who have transitioned into MMA have improved theirs.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bader beats him next Saturday. Rumble and Cormier both kill him every time.

6. Kirin

Call it mma-math or whatever, but the fact that davis was able to repeatedly take down and control texeira, veritably outclassing him so thoroughly, while jones struggled to get glover down, says a lot in my opinion.

7. Coyotexx***

Coyotexx*** Green Belt

luckily for him the same can be said for his opponent...Bader isn't very good on the standup either but he has power which gets him through but once he is up against someone with a chin that can take his shots Glover,OSP etc he tends to get outstruck most the time

8. flexxx145

flexxx145 Green Belt

Cormeir destroys Davis, I'm good with it he could use some humbling.
    Besides I'd love to see Phil try to trash talk Cormier.

9. Tapped2Strikes

Yeah, Bader's not that great either, but it will be Bader's power vs. Davis point fighting striking on the feet with the wrestling canceling each other out, most likely. Could go either way, but neither of those guys is at the level of Rumble or Cormier.

10. SoberAwakening

SoberAwakening Black Belt

I don't like Phil Davis and I have a certain respect for DC after the Jones fight. If DC can go in there and give Davis a Rashad style beating...heck even a Rumble Johnson beating, I'd be happy.

11. Bones245n4847

Bones245n4847 Red Belt

I guess, I mean at some point Jones-Davis has to happen right? Davis has been floating in the periphery for like 3 years now about 1 or 2 fights away from a Jones fight and always gets Shad or Rumbled. Maybe Davis can finally break through, I think beating Glover-Bader-DC gets him a Jones fight. He might be able to take DC down now that Jones has provided a very nice blue print.

12. SKITZADACTYL

SKITZADACTYL Gold Belt

as a davis fan, i dont want that lol.

i dunno, maybe phil could win somehow.

13. Captain_Dammitt

Captain_Dammitt Brown Belt

Win.

DC by decision. Probably a lackluster one.