If Daniel had won, would the UFC make it into a comeback story?

Adultswim296

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Send Jones to rehab, play up how he is an addict, and how this affected him in the fight... a sob story about how he is in recovery, etc etc.

He beats rehab, beats addiction, comes back better than ever... 100% this time, rematch with Cormier is set, and we got one of the best comeback stories ever ! Huge rematch PPV, lots of money to be made for Dana..

Anyone else believe UFC would have done this?

Send Jones to rehab, play up how he is an addict, and how this affected him in the fight... a sob story about how he is in recovery, etc etc.

He beats rehab, beats addiction, comes back better than ever... 100% this time, rematch with Cormier is set, and we got one of the best comeback stories ever ! Huge rematch PPV, lots of money to be made for Dana..

Anyone else believe UFC would have done this?

Wouldn't suprise me. But it's near impossible to beat someone when they are on Cocaine.

I could see that as a possibility.

I just find it so funny that obviously they knew about this and waited to see how the fight played out and based their reaction off of that.

It could have went the complete opposite way too, like if he lost horribly the UFC could have used it against him, fined him, turned him full heel, and started the DC market up as the new drug free role model champ.

The whole thing is just ridiculous how they are handling it.

Wouldn't suprise me. But it's near impossible to beat someone when they are on Cocaine.

How about you wait until the post fight drug tests are released before proclaiming Jones was high on cocaine, champ.

Jesus christ it's not like he was on a fucking binge.

And yes, its very possible.

Jones is one of the UFC's biggest draws. I don't see them doing anything to publicly tarnish his image ...

... unless they're in the middle of contract negotiations

What? Cocaine doesn't make you better. And as much as it let you aware of everything, it lets you aware of EVERY SINGLE THING. Like, he would give his attention to every thing in there.

One couldn't fight properly on drugs like cocaine.

Back