If Dan Henderson worked on his flexibility and agility he'd be a title contender

Priceinator

Old Gaming Wizard
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Dan Henderson LOOKS old.

He IS old.

I love the man, but he moves like a mummy. Look no further than his fight with Machida, who ran circles around him. It was almost comical.

Dan ain't getting younger. He needs change. He can't just tank his way around anymore.

He needs agility.

If Dan went through a training camp where he focused primarily on improving his speed, and he dedicated a large chunk of time into improving flexibility, I think he'd be able to beat just about anyone.

It's totally possible. Though, I'm afraid ol' Dan may be too stuck in his ways to change.

Your last sentence hit the nail on the head.

That and the fact he's already a title contender as he keeps getting shots at titles lol

Can't fight father time. Hendo has the back of an 80 year old.

Vitor will be the 1st to finish Hendo with strikes
The speed difference especially hand speed is comical. Plus Vitors using kicks now

hendo would have put shogun away, beat rashad, and machida if his cardio was somehow also trt'd back to his early 30's

hes not going to beat jones regardless but if he had the cardio he used to with his current skill set he'd be competing with glover and gus for #2

Unless he trains with Jackie Chan his agility is kind of stiff at this stage. He can take the punishment with the Chindo he possesses thus he tends to just move forward and back. Kind of like a swaying motion attack.

You really think it never occurred to Hendo to try and be faster&more flexible?

someone get his cell # ASAP, OP has huge news

Gotta love when the young guys have all the answer =/ There is such thing as just getting too old. He's put his body through hell for over 20 years, don't think he'll be getting extremely flexible, agile and the sort anytime soon.

Have you watched his fights in Pride? He used to have those things in spades, but like everyone else, time has caught up with him.

edit: everyone else who's old I mean...

He looked fine in the Shogun fight.
ufc-139-rua-henderson-3.gif

ufc-139-rua-henderson-1.gif

tumblr_m9ykoopHYJ1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

It's since he injured his knee before the Jones fight that he's been plodding around. It'll have been over a year since he injured his knee when he fights Belfort so hopefully it's better now. I think he just came back far too soon for a guy his age when he fought Machida (was only out like 5 months)

Last edited:
Fighters know they only have to avoid that looping right hand and cruise to victory.
TRT can only do so much.

If TRT can't help him nothing can, dude is to banged up and without TRT would probably have retired years ago.

If dan henderson was flexible he wouldnt be as good as he is, being rock solid is andvantage for him

If TRT can't help him nothing can, dude is to banged up and without TRT would probably have retired years ago.

He just fought Rashad Evan while NOT on TRT are arguably won.

so there's that.

But seriously. He's 43. He's not going to get more agile, or flexible at this point. He can however still compete with and beat the best fighters in the world which says a great deal. He's amazing.

On a similar note, Brendan Schaub and Ryan Bader could both be contenders if they worked on their chins.

seen dan in hawaii this year....and man did he look stiff. I was telling myself "this was the guy that was going to fight jones?....he's lucky he got injured".

Back