If Dan and Al had have been a 5 round fight, do you think we would have seen something different?

I agree but fights can change at any time, Dan was looking and doing great which is undeniable but an extra two rounds would it have sustained?

Again, it's all in the air and in theory so just makes an interesting discussion to see what people think :)
By the end of the 3rd round the fight was over going by the judges scorecards. Al would have had to of finished Dan and I don't see that happening minus some TKZ vs Yair last second miracle.

If it was a 5 round fight Iaquinta would have been TKO'd, the damage he took, especially to his legs, was just too much.

4/6 of the fighters Al has lost to have all been 6'0 or taller, and Al has not beaten anyone that's taller than him (unless you include Masvidal). Coincidence lol?

Bringing up the Masvidal robbery really hurts my soul.

By the end of the 3rd round the fight was over going by the judges scorecards. Al would have had to of finished Dan and I don't see that happening minus some TKZ vs Yair last second miracle.

Ha that Yair finish was one of the most jaw dropping finishes ever haha

Its possible but unlikely that it would change anything. One could see that Dan was slowing down in the third, but i thought he looked good enough to atleast defend for 2 more rounds. But one could tell that it could be a problem for him in the future.

Yeah, that's what I mean about how significant an extra two rounds really can be, Dan was looking real good as mentioned in there :)

Probably not. Al didn't exactly go balls out in the championship rounds against cowboy. He didn't seem to learn much at all from that fight.

hooker would have just outclassed him for another 2 rounds, maybe even get a finish.

Nope. But in saying that, 4oz gloves, anything can happen.

• Dan has cardio for days.
  • He'd already compromised Al's legs. Al couldn't shoot confidently or even push forward confidently to strike.
One can say that Dan might've been slowing down (I didn't really see it myself) but if he knew he would be fighting 5 rounds, he'd prepare accordingly and also pace himself accordingly (as would Al).

Don't think anything would have changed. I feel if anything it would have been more likely for Hooker to get the finish, Al's leg was done and it didn't appear to me that Dan was slowing noticeably .

I think if it went another round or 2, Dan would have finished him. It was pretty much all one way traffic, Al's leg was completely busted, and he already got dropped badly.

As a side note, that's the first time Dan has won by decision at lightweight (6 fights), rest have been KO's, or submissions.

Back