If Cyborg/Rousey was booked and Cyborg missed weight...

That's an interesting fact not often brought up. When Ronda and Cyborg agreed to a 145 lb fight for late June/early July of 2012, Cyborg was juiced to the gills.

Cyborg has done alot of stuff that no one calls her out on.

And Carano too...stuff rousey would get crucified for

lets explore it:

Carano defeated former HOOKnSHOOT Champion Kaitlin Young at EliteXC: Primetime on May 31, 2008.[19] A day before the fight, Carano failed to make weight for her fight after weighing in at 144.5 lb (65.5 kg). Although most MMA organizations set weight classes at 135 (bantamweight) and 145 (featherweight) pounds (61.2 and 65.8 kg, respectively), EliteXC opted to create a women's weight class at 140 pounds.[20] Carano agreed to forfeit 12.5% of her "show" purse to Young, and the fight remained on the card.[21]

She loses to Cyborg,never competes again (Rousey has nor retired,but people say that she is a coward for not returning,but apparently its ok for Carano to do so.)

Cyborg posts a picture of Gina that was clearly photoshopped on twitter,which is pretty despicable behavior:

CaranoMERGE.jpg

ac87a7a4.jpg

In her Strikeforce debut, Cyborg Justino faced Hitomi Akano on April 11, 2009 at Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz. Cyborg came in six pounds overweight for the fight. Akano originally rejected the fight due to Cyborg failing to make weight but later accepted the fight.She defeated Akano by TKO in the third round.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2009/04/16/josh-barnett-cyborgs-victory-over-akano-is-hollow

On September 23, 2011, Cyborg announced that she would return to the promotion to face Hiroko Yamanaka. The fight took place at Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal on December 17, 2011.[25] She won via TKO just sixteen seconds into the first round; however, on January 6, 2012, it was announced that Justino had tested positive for stanozolol, an anabolic steroid. As a result of the banned substance, the fight's result was changed to a no decision. Justino had her license suspended for one year and was fined $2,500.

In closing,Triplest R,the Rowdiest of competitors,is a saint compared to these people.

Ronda-Rousey-wearing-her-DNB-shirt.jpg

Yeah, Carano pulled shit constantly. Which is why I discredit her as one of Cyborg's better. Wins. Routinely failed to make weight and constantly fought smaller fighters, including 125'ers.

Say what you want to about Rousey (like how shitty her striking is and how her striking defense and footwork are even worse) but the woman makes weight. Really, she looked better in the cage pre-Dolce.

In her Strikeforce debut, Cyborg Justino faced Hitomi Akano on April 11, 2009 at Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz. Cyborg came in six pounds overweight for the fight. Akano originally rejected the fight due to Cyborg failing to make weight but later accepted the fight.She defeated Akano by TKO in the third round.
You forgot to add Cyborg altered the weight scale and claimed she made weight when she took off her 6lb bikini. Akano made them check it and the scale was off, by 6lbs.

By a few pounds, say she comes in at 138 or 139, do you guys think Ronda would agree to fight like 99.9% of fighters do while recieving 20% of Cyborgs purse?

Or would Ronda take the cowards way out and use the extra 3 pounds as an excuse to keep on ducking?

No problem, let her fight but make the condition that she cannot weigh more than 155 pounds two hours before fighting! Would Cyborg accept that?????

Cyborg said Ronda was fighting her if her steroid suspension did not kill the fight.

Yes but your only saying 1/2 the story and not the full story. Cyborg got suspended Rousey moved down in weight won the championship clearly said after a couple wins she would move back up to fight Cyborg. As we know Strikeforce was bought out yet Rousey refuses to even fight Cyborg at catchweight.

Yes but your only saying 1/2 the story and not the full story. Cyborg got suspended Rousey moved down in weight won the championship clearly said after a couple wins she would move back up to fight Cyborg. As we know Strikeforce was bought out yet Rousey refuses to even fight Cyborg at catchweight.
now there is no 145 lb division and no more strikeforce,so the deal changes. Cyborg cant really be a ufc fighter anymore,so its not worth doing it.

It amazes me how little most Sherdog members know about weight cutting.

Failing to make weight by three pounds does not represent a three pound advantage in the cage.

Do you understand this or do I need to explain in more detail?

You under the assumption that the other fighter isn't cutting weight as well?

No problem, let her fight but make the condition that she cannot weigh more than 155 pounds two hours before fighting! Would Cyborg accept that?????

Not a chance of that happening.

You're not telling the true story.

1. Ronda and Cyborg were both asked at the same time to move down to 135 lbs by the UFC, who had just bought Strikeforce. They were contemplating trash canning the 145 lb division due to it being shallow and noncompetitive.

2. Ronda agreed to drop weight and Cyborg said she could but didn't do it.

3. Ronda said she would beat Miesha and after that move back up to fight Cyborg for a super fight between champions and a chance to become a 2 division champion.

4. Ronda beat Miesha and a fight was scheduled between Cyborg and Ronda for late June/early July of that same summer.

5. Cyborg tested positive for steroids, got suspended for a year, the fight between Ronda and Cyborg didn't happen, the UFC scrapped the 145 lb division and everyone moved the fuck on except Cyborg and Ronda haters.

1. Ronda and Cyborg were both asked at the same time to move down to 135 lbs by the UFC, who had just bought Strikeforce. They were contemplating trash canning the 145 lb division due to it being shallow and noncompetitive.

3. Ronda said she would beat Miesha and after that move back up to fight Cyborg for a super fight between champions and a chance to become a 2 division champion.

4. Ronda beat Miesha and a fight was scheduled between Cyborg and Ronda for late June/early July of that same summer.

5. Cyborg tested positive for steroids, got suspended for a year, the fight between Ronda and Cyborg didn't happen, the UFC scrapped the 145 lb division and everyone moved the fuck on except Cyborg and Ronda haters.

I really wonder if Cyborg apologists have a different view of the history. A few that have posted in this thread will avoid your post like the plague.

Your knowledge of weight loss is sub standard. Cyborg doesn't need to cut weight. She needs to lose it, permanently and reduce her walk around weight, which means some of the muscle she actively maintains needs to be let go.
I know your a bandwagon nuthugger with no knowledge of this sport, but its pretty pathetic how obvious your making it.

You don't know jack shit about weight cutting homie I dont even care if you lie and say your fatass wrestled in high school cause you didnt.

I bet you do wish Cyborg would lose muscle so that Ronda wouldnt get brutally murked like Brock against Reem. Because that's exactly whatbis going to happen.

Hey stop dick riding hype trains with no skills and youll be embarrassed a lot less often, chump.

Ronda also said she agrees to fight Gina at 145 after her retiement. But not Cyborg. Explain that asshat.

I know your a bandwagon nuthugger with no knowledge of this sport, but its pretty pathetic how obvious your making it.

You don't know jack shit about weight cutting homie I dont even care if you lie and say your fatass wrestled in high school cause you didnt.

I bet you do wish Cyborg would lose muscle so that Ronda wouldnt get brutally murked like Brock against Reem. Because that's exactly whatbis going to happen.

Hey stop dick riding hype trains with no skills and youll be embarrassed a lot less often, chump.

angry%20and%20alone.gif

You forgot to add Cyborg altered the weight scale and claimed she made weight when she took off her 6lb bikini. Akano made them check it and the scale was off, by 6lbs.

I'm so shocked hearing this!! Sherdoggers told me Cyborg is such a sweetheart - I don't know what to believe anymore...

Ronda also said she agrees to fight Gina at 145 after her retiement. But not Cyborg. Explain that asshat.

Carano is the reason Ronda got into mma. She respects her. Cyborg is not worthy of respect and special treatment.

Refusing to fight a steroid user with a 15 lbs weight advantage on fight night is cowardly?

I guess we're trashing Ronda based on hypothetical scenarios imagined by random sherdog posters now.

Back