If Curtis has Covid, how can December even be a possibility ?

Dessyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
You aren't going to recover from COVID in a matter of weeks !

Quite a lot of people recover fully in a matter of weeks. Especialy young ones. Blaydes could be ready for the Chimaev supercard.

No, really, can you guys imagine if they slap that fight there too? They should just turn that shit into a numbered PPV (and it could be one of the best PPVs for the year).

Takes about 10days (typically) before you are no longer infectious, which is what the UFC and their protocols care about. And Blaydes might have been infectious already for several days, and I think that's probably true given that he was (I read) wearing a mask during a Zoom meeting!

Whether or not he feels "up to fighting" is down to Blaydes. He obviously felt well enough to fight saturday as he was intending to do so. He may have no symptoms or very little symptoms, that does happen.

So...all that needs for him to be *allowed* to fight is probably 2 consecutive negative PCR tests, and then he'll be cleared and he'll probably be tested and re-tested (like everyone else) pretty much up to fight day. So yes it can happen in December.

Seems a bit of a risky move... he's gotta test negative / clean in order to confirm the fight. That won't happen for at least another 2 weeks, right?

yeah but your not better after 2 weeks

I was fine in two weeks.

I was measuring my heart rate and I was back to my pre Covid 10k times in two weeks, all normal.

It effects some people worse than others, if you don't have any underlying conditions you're probably fine. My girlfriend was back to 100% in a couple of days.

Im one of the most vocal "Sherdog is retarded and doesn't understand viruses" members here (exhibit A below), but yes, you definitely can recover from a positive diagnosis in a few weeks. Sometimes, you don't need to "recover" at all. Hell, if the UFC is doing antigen tests, which i expect of the cheap bastards, he might not even be positive.

Oh no, there’s only a 99% chance his great great grandmother might survive. Shut down the economy forever.

yeah but your not better after 2 weeks

Not if you get it bad, but some people are over it in days and its just a matter of testing negative.

Seen multiple guys in F1 get the rona and be back in time for the next race, and they take protocols as serious as anyone. Way more so than UFC.

A young healthy beast like Blaydes will probably be fine ina week.

He's probably asymptomatic.

I had covid and was over it physically in about 10 days. My sense of smell and taste took a lot longer to come back but I was physically OK. Maybe slightly lower energy than normal.

Pretty convenient he caught Covid after coming out and spamming himself all over the place. "I won't fight Jones for $200k" " if Lewis wants to stand I have no problem with that."
Bet he knew he had it and used this talk as a way to keep his name out there after the fight cancellation came.

COVID hits people differently. Some people are completely asymptomatic, don't get sick at all. Depending on the tests and whatnot, as long as he's cleared as non-contagious it should be all good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back