If Cruz is stripped, will Barao retroactively be awarded the BW Championship?

Chuck Rock

Blue Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Meaning, if Cruz is stripped of the title. And Barao is named the UFC Bantamweight Champion, will his title win over Faber and his two defenses be labeled as Undisputed BW champion title wins or will they still be classified as Interim?

I'm not sure exactly how something like that works, but I think Barao deserves the recognition as true Champion.

Dunno, but to say the least, it will be weird if he cleans out the top 10 without having a single title defense counted....
Only top 5's left are Cruz and Assuncao.

I don't know but he definitely deserves the actual title.

I'll always consider his interm title defenses as actual title defenses if he becomes the champ.

It should definitely count towards title defense records and such. Faber and Mayday are legit top 5 opponents. WEC should also count for BW and FW.

Cruz can soon become one of the longest serving champions. he has a belt he never defends

I'm pretty sure they would be counted as real title defenses, people get too up in arms about the interim champion being called that as if it's not a real belt. Either way if he got the belt from a way such as injury or if the champ vacates the belt people aren't going to respect the new champion as much if he wasn't able to beat the champion.

I'm pretty sure they would be counted as real title defenses, people get too up in arms about the interim champion being called that as if it's not a real belt. Either way if he got the belt from a way such as injury or if the champ vacates the belt people aren't going to respect the new champion as much if he wasn't able to beat the champion.

Only a moron wouldnt respect him because of him not defeating an injured Champ. Not his fault the guy has been out for 2 years now

Back