If Cruz comes back and becomes Champion...

brandonwarner

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Seeing Dillashaw destroy Barao again was insanely impressive to me I have probably watched that fight 3 times already just because I was so amazed. That being said it seems as if the collective opinion of Sherdog still favors Cruz in a fight. If Cruz was to beat him, how big would a "superfight" be between Mighty Mouse and Cruz.

How many PPV buys would this generate?

I would be very excited. sadly 400k tops on the PPVs if its headlining.

It wouldn't really feel like a superfight since they already fought. I'd still watch, mind you.

Considering how the first fight went, it'd be hard to get many people excited for a "super fight" between Cruz and MM.

That, and Cruz would more than likely just get injured again, leaving the fight, as well as an entire division, in limbo again.

300K max

Not much casual interest. Cruz won the first pretty comfortably

None because Mighty Mouse can't draw a playing card.

if he becomes champ again they need to institute an official policy on minimum defenses a year before you get stripped

250k max probably.

Neither are a ppv draw.

Also cruz dominated mm for 5 pounds the first time .Just to big for him

The first fight is the reason MM dropped to FLW. No interest in seeing it again.

Seeing Dillashaw destroy Barao again was insanely impressive to me I have probably watched that fight 3 times already just because I was so amazed. That being said it seems as if the collective opinion of Sherdog still favors Cruz in a fight. If Cruz was to beat him, how big would a "superfight" be between Mighty Mouse and Cruz.

Dude that is not a superfight! They already fought and cruz clearly won and almost ko'd him in rd 4 or 5. Also a real superfight is between two greats like chris vs jones or jones vs cain. Not all champion vs champion should be called a superfight. Faber vs edgar was no superfight.

Seriously.

Who cares?

What's important is, would you watch it? I would hope any fan of MMA would be extremely interested in watching that fight. If not? I have absolutely no idea why you watch MMA. none.

I'm more than aware there are more than a few hundred thousand serious MMA fans.

I don't think it would even be considered a super fight since they already fought and Cruz won

Back