If Cruz beats Cody..

No

Aldos top wins

Frankiex2 (top 10 P4P)
Chadx2 (top 5 FW first time, #2 2nd time)
MTB (top 10 P4P, #1 FW)
Faber (top 3)
Lamas (top 5)
Cub (fringe top 10)
Kenflo (top 5)
KZ (top 10)
Hominick (top 10)
Pequeno (not hanked at the time but top 5 FW of alltime)
Gamburyan (top 3)

Doms top wins

TJ (top 10 P4P, #1 BW)
Bowles (#1 BW, top 10 P4P)
Faberx2 (top 5 first time, top 3 2nd)
JoeBx2 (top 5 1st time, top 3 2nd)
Demetrious (top 10 - tho only catapulted there of a hobbery of Miguel)
Ian (unhanked at the time)
Jorgensen (top 10)
Valencia (top 15)
Mizugaki (top 5)
Cody (top 10)

Doms been too inactive, Aldo has also beaten almost every top 10 alltime FW and some fringe as well. Dom suffers from not fighting guys like Barao, Miguel, and now 3 of the best BWs in the world outside UFC (Moraes, Dantas, Bibiano).

Plus Aldo never had a fight controversial like TJ where the scoring worldwide was basically split 50/50. Aldo was more dominant in his wins overall. Faber the 2nd time is prolly a top 3 win for Dom and Aldo butchering Faber might not even be in Aldos top 5. On paper Bowles is Doms 2nd biggest win and that fight ended with a hand injury..........not to mention how many times he got knocked down by Faber, how close the 2nd JoeB fight was too. Demetrious outboxing him, getting outgrappled by Ian etc. Aldo showed less holes and more dominance and has better quality wins

Cruz won. Deal with it kid
LOL Did i say TJ won the fight or something like that? You said he was hitting the air 90% of the fight and i just refuted your thought

2/4 you listed popped for peds Cruz has always been clean avenged his only loss 2x and re-won a belt he never lost after multiple possible career ending injuries.

Correct.

Also, Aldo actually finished opponents often. Cruz, I only remember some unknown Japanese fighter getting stopped. He's no Aldo.
Aldo only has 2 stoppages in the UFC, that's one more than Dom, one due to cage grab and the other via injury.

No

Aldos top wins

Frankiex2 (top 10 P4P)
Chadx2 (top 5 FW first time, #2 2nd time)
MTB (top 10 P4P, #1 FW)
Faber (top 3)
Lamas (top 5)
Cub (fringe top 10)
Kenflo (top 5)
KZ (top 10)
Hominick (top 10)
Pequeno (not hanked at the time but top 5 FW of alltime)
Gamburyan (top 3)

Doms top wins

TJ (top 10 P4P, #1 BW)
Bowles (#1 BW, top 10 P4P)
Faberx2 (top 5 first time, top 3 2nd)
JoeBx2 (top 5 1st time, top 3 2nd)
Demetrious (top 10 - tho only catapulted there of a hobbery of Miguel)
Ian (unhanked at the time)
Jorgensen (top 10)
Valencia (top 15)
Mizugaki (top 5)
Cody (top 10)

Doms been too inactive, Aldo has also beaten almost every top 10 alltime FW and some fringe as well. Dom suffers from not fighting guys like Barao, Miguel, and now 3 of the best BWs in the world outside UFC (Moraes, Dantas, Bibiano).

Plus Aldo never had a fight controversial like TJ where the scoring worldwide was basically split 50/50. Aldo was more dominant in his wins overall. Faber the 2nd time is prolly a top 3 win for Dom and Aldo butchering Faber might not even be in Aldos top 5. On paper Bowles is Doms 2nd biggest win and that fight ended with a hand injury..........not to mention how many times he got knocked down by Faber, how close the 2nd JoeB fight was too. Demetrious outboxing him, getting outgrappled by Ian etc. Aldo showed less holes and more dominance and has better quality wins

Cody will he his third fight in 2016 don't jinx him lol

Cody will he his third fight in 2016 don't jinx him lol

OP is saying if Dom beats Cody so im just assuming he does and adding him as a win to compare hesumes

OFC the manner in which he beats him is relevant. Another controversial decision specially if most media score against him wont look good

No, that would not place him higher than Aldo, on any list of mine. He would need a few more defences.

But, I'll have to change the order up when MM beats Cruz, or whomever, to get that second belt after he gets the defence record.

Aldo only has 2 stoppages in the UFC, that's one more than Dom, one due to cage grab and the other via injury.

Why limit it to UFC? Both guys beat top guys in WEC, and were #1 in the world in their respective weight class there before getting promoted to which was essentially what the UFC division started from

WEC/UFC: Aldo 9/16 finishes in wins 56% (had 6 sturaight finishes and one point, nearly 8 - and Dom never beat down Faber like Jose did)
WEC/UFC: Cruz 1/12 finishes in wins 8% (unless u count Bowles breaking his own hand)

Jose also nearly finished Chad again in the hematch, nearly finished Hominick, nearly finished Faber multiple times from crucifix to the leg kicks, etc.

Out of everyone he fought in WEC/UFC Lamas and Frankie were the only ones not in danger of being finished (and Frankie has never been finished, Lamas only finished once @ 145). With Dom hes never hurt someone or had them in danger like that outside Mizugaki, he dropped old man Urijah but wasnt all that close to finishing.

Last edited:

Interesting info. I have never bothered to look at that before. I saw the fight for Cruz myself but really never looked at the stats.

Cruz is one of those guys that will make you look bad if you let him, sort of like Pernell Whitaker. Looking at these stats, They both landed about the same amount but Dillashaw threw 100 more shots that missed. Over all, missing 300 shots can make you look bad and Cruz knows how to sell it.

I get that some people hate his style just like Mayweather but you have to admit the guy is good at what he does.

Over all, missing 300 shots can make you look bad and Cruz knows how to sell it.
It's a big part of the reason the fight is remembered as being way more of a blowout than it was. I actually scored it for Dillashaw, but Cruz made him look a little foolish and miss a LOT (although in fairness, Dillashaw actually did a little bit better than most fighters do when facing Cruz, in terms of percentages), so at the time and in people's memories, the fight wasn't close, even though it really, really was.

OP is saying if Dom beats Cody so im just assuming he does and adding him as a win to compare hesumes

OFC the manner in which he beats him is relevant. Another controversial decision specially if most media score against him wont look good

I know i was just referring to you saying Cruz hasn't been active. Win or lose it will be his 3rd fight of the year hopefully he stays injury free and keeps up this pace to make up for lost time.

I don't see this being a controversial decision either Cody clips him and gets the tko/ko or cruz has him punching at air frustrating him with striking/takedowns

No, beating Cody who has zero top 5 wins doesn't move the needle at all in all time rankings.

Big fan of Cruz but this is the truth. But title shots off of Mizugaki fights seem to be a common theme in the bantamweight division

would like to see him win big up a weight class to become an all-time great

Back