If Cro Cop and Big Nog met at the 06 OWGP....

CroCop

He executed Wand that night and never looked better. That first loss to Nog was a fluke too.

Don't think anybody could have lasted in the ring with Cro Cop that night

CroCop really did look like a world beater that night so it is hard to say Nog would've beat him. Then again, Nog is Nog and he may have been beaten and still pulled out the sub win.

I would have picked Nog.....as good as Cro Cop looked, Nog had the mental toughness and durability. I think Cro Cop was terrific in his rythym that night, but a guy like Nog I think would put him out of it, Cro Cop wasnt the toughest fighter mentally and I think Nog would get him eventuelly.

Who knows though

Looks like only a few of us think Nog lol but I still would for sure pick Nog.

I would have picked Nog.....as good as Cro Cop looked, Nog had the mental toughness and durability. I think Cro Cop was terrific in his rythym that night, but a guy like Nog I think would put him out of it, Cro Cop wasnt the toughest fighter mentally and I think Nog would get him eventuelly.

Who knows though

Agreed.

Cro Cop would have finished Nog that night, and anyone else in the world bar maybe Fedor. I think Nog was already slowing down by then.

But who knows, it would have been a great fight. Better than the final which was a little anti-climactic I reckon

CroCop... he was a horrible match up for Not at that point. Hell, that CroCop beats anybody in the ring. Gonzaga just took everything from him otherwise I'm sure CroCop doesn't lose to guys like Mir, Nelson, Schaub or Kongo.

Is TS talking about Nog fighting Crocop instead of Barnett? Nog had a war with Josh and it would have been tough for Nog to beat Josh and THEN a rested Crocop who essentially walked right through Wandy.

Cro Cop's defensive wrestling and submission defense was even better in 06 than it was when he first fought Nogueira, and despite that he was totally blasting Nog on the feet in their first fight including a more or less flush LHK that dropped him before the bell of the first (I think) round, so I definitely believe that Cro Cop would maybe have been the first person to stop Nogueira with strikes at that time, or otherwise just take a very lopsided UD. His straight left was just so hard and fast then, it disoriented or drew a visible reaction from almost everybody he touched it with.

Back