If Cro Cop and Big Nog met at the 06 OWGP....

NBKondit**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who would u have picked? Nog had an extremely close fight with Barnett that couldve gone either way and shouldve been a draw but for tournament rules u HAD to have a winner. So we ended up seeing Barnett fight CroCop and lose to him for the 3rd time.

1276979885_1259505689_cro-cop-swat-team.jpg

nogueira.jpg

Cro cop. The dude was at his peak in the tourney and probably wouldve beaten any MMAist at that time except fedor.

For the ppl picking Cro Cop do u think he wouldve finished Nog? He finished everyone he fought that year

For the ppl picking Cro Cop do u think he wouldve finished Nog? He finished everyone he fought that year

Yes, Mirko was a killer in 06'. He beat the hell outta Nog the first time and he probably would've learned from his mistakes in the rematch.

Yes, Mirko was a killer in 06'. He beat the hell outta Nog the first time and he probably would've learned from his mistakes in the rematch.

His sub defense and TDD got alot better since the 1st Nog fight

Nog is my favorite fighter, but Cro Cop was on point that night. So, probably Cro Cop by decision.

A pretty raw Cro Cop was thrashing Nog before Antonio pulled it out. I'd side with Cro Cop.

Wasn't he taken down by Gonzaga?

CroCop never fought anywhere near the same level of all around proficiency and drive as he did at the OWGP in '06 at any time of his career. I truly believe he could have beaten anyone that night.

Big Nog would win again.

CroCop never fought anywhere near the same level of all around proficiency and drive as he did at the OWGP in '06 at any time of his career. I truly believe he could have beaten anyone that night.

He wasn't fighting great competition in 06' OWGP. He beat Minowaman and Yoshida in the opening and quarter final. He looked great against Wand, though.

Last edited:
I'd go with Cro Cop by decision, he had a much easier night making short work of Wand and Nog had all he could handle in Barnett. On top of that Mirko never looked sharper than he did in the OWGP

it was hard to pick against him in the owgp. i don't think there was a more motivated fighter on the planet

Back