if crawford fought ab or garcia who ya got?

I'd favor Crawford over both Garcia and Broner.

I think Crawford beats Broner something like 8-4. Him against Garcia is really tough to call.

I like Crawford vs. guys like Demarco or Herrera for his first fight at 140. Let him get the hang of the weight first.

I agree with this he was getting rocked by Gamboa who's a lot smaller. I wonder what would happen if he got hit by the bigger dudes 1t 140.

What makes you say that?

Dude is pretty good, but there were several times where an aging Gamboa showed what some speed and combo skills can do, ( and that wasn't the best of Yuriorkis who at 33 already looks like he on the backstretch of his career). Gamboa didnt have the stamina, and was just too small for Crawford. Crawford has some defensive skills but DID get smacked around a bit by a little guy. In most of his fight's he's typically been the bigger guy that hits harder and can use his range to keep guys away, like he did while picking apart Gamboa down the stretch.

Both AB and Danny have been in the ring with better more established comp, have been into deep waters in at least 1-2 fight against Top guys. AB is about the same height yet "bigger" and can "thump", Danny is bigger, taller and hits harder and is more skilled than anyone Crawford has seen in his career thus far. AB can push Crawford and hurt him, Adrien Broner doesn't suck, he just needed a reality check. Danny aint gonna let Crawford take his belt and his ability to read and adjust is superior to Crawford's.

I agree that Crawford probably got a bit too much credit for the Gamboa fight. He got tagged quite a bit early on in that fight.

Gamboa is a good fighter but shouldn't be fighting at 135 pounds, especially against a guy who is about to outgrow the weight division himself.

Even though it wasn't as good of a fight, I think I was more impressed with Crawford against Beltran than what I saw vs Gamboa. You have to wonder how Crawford would take shots from a good sized junior welter, when he got hit so much against Gamboa.

Gamboa looked spectacular early on in that fight, he was out classing Crawford bad, but I think he would have given all 3 of the fighters mentioned in the thread title big problems that night.

I think Mikey would be an easier fight for Terrance than Broner, he is a little robotic imo & might have problems with a guy like crawford.

I agree that Crawford probably got a bit too much credit for the Gamboa fight. He got tagged quite a bit early on in that fight.

Gamboa is a good fighter but shouldn't be fighting at 135 pounds, especially against a guy who is about to outgrow the weight division himself.

Even though it wasn't as good of a fight, I think I was more impressed with Crawford against Beltran than what I saw vs Gamboa. You have to wonder how Crawford would take shots from a good sized junior welter, when he got hit so much against Gamboa.

That is what I am saying. Broner has more power than Gamboa, and Broner CAN hit someone. He is very athletic. Crawford can't apply the same kind of offensive pressure Maidana can. And though Gamboa is a little faster and more mobile, it isn't like he was being an offensive whirlwind. He was being calculated and relying on his athleticism. That is what Broner does.

I would have picked Broner over Gamboa any day of the week at 135.

I would still favor Crawford a little, but that is a pretty even fight going into it.

That is what I am saying. Broner has more power than Gamboa, and Broner CAN hit someone. He is very athletic. Crawford can't apply the same kind of offensive pressure Maidana can. And though Gamboa is a little faster and more mobile, it isn't like he was being an offensive whirlwind. He was being calculated and relying on his athleticism. That is what Broner does.

I would have picked Broner over Gamboa any day of the week at 135.

I would still favor Crawford a little, but that is a pretty even fight going into it.

Yeah, I can't really see Crawford or Broner landing anything huge on each other. I see a close 10-12 rounds with both guys landing about 20% of their punches, most being jabs. Barring a big mistake, of course.

Actually, now that I think of it, Crawford should probably stay at LW for a little while longer. Reviewing some of his fights, Crawford's needs to tighten up his defense, it isn't airtight, it's not based on reflexes or timing that much, rather, on size/range and his switch-stance style. Sure he can slip, but not when faced with real hand speed and footwork. Gamboa was landing on him pretty easily in the early rounds and seemed to be landing some damaging blows. Now admittadely, I'm not sure I can think of any guys at 140 who are as fast or have the footwork of an on-point Gamboa, but still, if a guy like say Matthysse or Garcia land on him, that puts Crawford in a lot of trouble, especially since they won't be at as big a size or reach disadvantage as Gamboa. I could still see him outboxing a guy like Garcia, and I think he'd win a boring decision over Broner. I could see him outboxing Matthysse, but if he gets in close with Matthysse, it's lights out IMO. I think Khan could be trouble, but I'm afraid his chin would fail him.

Actually, now that I think of it, Crawford should probably stay at LW for a little while longer. Reviewing some of his fights, Crawford's needs to tighten up his defense, it isn't airtight, it's not based on reflexes or timing that much, rather, on size/range and his switch-stance style. Sure he can slip, but not when faced with real hand speed and footwork. Gamboa was landing on him pretty easily in the early rounds and seemed to be landing some damaging blows. Now admittadely, I'm not sure I can think of any guys at 140 who are as fast or have the footwork of an on-point Gamboa, but still, if a guy like say Matthysse or Garcia land on him, that puts Crawford in a lot of trouble, especially since they won't be at as big a size or reach disadvantage as Gamboa. I could still see him outboxing a guy like Garcia, and I think he'd win a boring decision over Broner. I could see him outboxing Matthysse, but if he gets in close with Matthysse, it's lights out IMO. I think Khan could be trouble, but I'm afraid his chin would fail him.

I'd say Crawford's style depends on who he's fighting. Against Gamboa, who is very fast, I think Crawford had to take more risks to catch him coming in like they planned for. I didn't see him do too much of that against Beltran, as he slowly broke him down and stepped up the pace once he was in control.

Against Matthysse, I think he would be more patient, given the power. Also remember Crawford can bang when he needs to.

I don't why you laugh at Morales or Campbell? Maybe the Morales rematch Danny went though him in that fight but the first Fight Morales was live dog and what skills and tricks he had to give Danny a fight.

If you look back at how Danny came up around that time Campbell and Morals 1 happened, they were good wins. Danny was in the Prospect Stage and took on and beat Old School Vets in the types of fights were the Vets can spoil Prospect. When you look back on Danny's fights to get to the top, he Worked his way there. He went from Prospect to Challenger to Champion by fighting tried and true Named Fighters. I understand people shitting on him for Skia and Herrera(Herrera was a decent fight IMO) but I don't see why people can hate on him for the way he came up.

I love the punch morales threw in the first fight where he held his right hand out kind of underhand Palm facing up then windmilled it back up top in an overhand right that landed square

This is something that I'm afraid of as well. Matthysse might wear himself out from all of the wars he's been going to.

I see him going the way of Katsidis, too. Though Matty's name carries a bit more weight.

I see him going the way of Katsidis, too. Though Matty's name carries a bit more weight.

If Matthysse ever wants to become the man at 140 again, it's now, while his chin still isn't totally shot. I think he can beat Garcia, the first fight was close and competitive with both guys fouling and injuring each other so that they couldn't live up to their full potential. He's still the clear #2 at JWW IMO and Garcia hasn't looked spectacular lately.

I'd say Crawford's style depends on who he's fighting. Against Gamboa, who is very fast, I think Crawford had to take more risks to catch him coming in like they planned for. I didn't see him do too much of that against Beltran, as he slowly broke him down and stepped up the pace once he was in control.

Against Matthysse, I think he would be more patient, given the power. Also remember Crawford can bang when he needs to.

Yeah, I just think that a fast guy with high level footwork (and I'll admit that I don't see that many at JWW) will break through his defense which relies more on length than anything. He will definitely need to be patient with Matthysse, he may be able to bang, but not with a guy like Matty

Crawford would beat the brakes off Broner. Garcia would be a much closer bout.

broner needs to be fighting bums at 135, not fighting champs or contenders

honestly, Broner is going from vastly overrated to somewhat underrated. The guy has some skills and is tough. that doesn't mean that he's P4P, but as a LW and SFW, he was a good fighter. The problem was that size played a big part of his game, something he lost at WW

Back