If Conor wins....

he won't win.

And if he does, the haters will come out in full force claiming that he's ducking everybody in the UFC if he doesn't have a fight booked 3 days later.

fergie will be the haters next golden boy. the cycle of hate won't end no matter what Conor accomplishes.

Conor could destroy khabib, crush fergie.... obliterate kevin lee...

and you would still have haters on here saying he's ducking, that he sucks.... and is getting favoritism from the UFC.

it's laughable

What’s laughable is there were many like you saying all of this same stuff after he won the LW title. All Conor did was take a 2 year break from the sport. Try to have the UFC create a new division and title so he could fight a guy at least 20lbs lighter. Almost get a IT WW title shot against one of the only favorable size match ups in the division. Fortunately for the sport he couldn’t keep his nose clean. All this after claiming he was going to be an active champion. If he wins something closer to this is more likely to be the case, than the fantasy you presented.

Don’t forget, don’t ever forget “Stay ready”

What’s laughable is there were many like you saying all of this same stuff after he won the LW title. All Conor did was take a 2 year break from the sport. Try to have the UFC create a new division and title so he could fight a guy at least 20lbs lighter. Almost get a IT WW title shot against one of the only favorable size match ups in the division. Fortunately for the sport he couldn’t keep his nose clean. All this after claiming he was going to be an active champion. If he wins something closer to this is more likely to be the case, than the fantasy you presented.

Don’t forget, don’t ever forget “Stay ready”
a.) The Mayweather opportunity arose, and because he wanted to make a one-shot fortune (which you and I both would do) you can't blame the guy. it had nothing to do with ducking. If your girlfriend was pregnant and somebody gave you a hundred million, you wouldn't fight either. When he said he was going to be an active champion... I'm sure he meant it, he couldn't foretell the Mayweather situation arising. We both would have done the same thing.

b.) Conor was trying to get the UFC to create a division?

c.) About the "stay rdy" comment... Dana already explained that it was the ufc that said no to him stepping into fight khabib, that Conor was indeed ready to go..... and that they wouldn't have time to promote the fight to be able to pay conor his worth. That makes logical sense to me, but to haters they just say that the UFC is lying for him. That can't be proven wrong...
but to me, of course a Conor and khabib fight needs promotion.

a.) The Mayweather opportunity arose, and because he wanted to make a one-shot fortune (which you and I both would do) you can't blame the guy. it had nothing to do with ducking. If your girlfriend was pregnant and somebody gave you a hundred million, you wouldn't fight either. When he said he was going to be an active champion... I'm sure he meant it, he couldn't foretell the Mayweather situation arising. We both would have done the same thing.

b.) Conor was trying to get the UFC to create a division?

c.) About the "stay rdy" comment... Dana already explained that it was the ufc that said no to him stepping into fight khabib, that Conor was indeed ready to go..... and that they wouldn't have time to promote the fight to be able to pay conor his worth. That makes logical sense to me, but to haters they just say that the UFC is lying for him. That can't be proven wrong...
but to me, of course a Conor and khabib fight needs promotion.

Excuses, excuses. You provided a fantasy world of what you hope happens. I provided reality of what took place.

Since you want to play this game. You conveniently left out the part where Dana said Conor couldn’t make weight, because it’s a tough cut for him.

As far as the promotion aspect. Since youre taking Dana at his word, before the bus incident Dana clamined that 223 was trending to 1 million buys which turned in to around 250k. Adding Conor without promotion would have certainly done no less than the million buys. It most likely have done well above that and Conor would have looked like a hero. So Dana intentionally cost himself at least 1 million buys? You expect people to believe Dana passed up on creating nearly an additional $40 million in revenue?

Yes, Conor was willing to step in and fight Frankie only if the UFC created a 165lb division and title. This is has been confirmed from multiple sources, from Brian Ortega, and even Artem himself confirmed this.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.pund...d-fight-frankie-edgar-made-title-ufc-222/amp/

Excuses, excuses. You provided a fantasy world of what you hope happens. I provided reality of what took place.

Since you want to play this game. You conveniently left out the part where Dana said Conor couldn’t make weight, because it’s a tough cut for him.

As far as the promotion aspect. Since youre taking Dana at his word, before the bus incident Dana clamined that 223 was trending to 1 million buys which turned in to around 250k. Adding Conor without promotion would have certainly done no less than the million buys. It most likely have done well above that and Conor would have looked like a hero. So Dana intentionally cost himself at least 1 million buys? That is a terrible business move.

Yes, Conor was willing to step in and fight Frankie only if the UFC created a 165lb division and title. This is has been confirmed from multiple sources, from Brian Ortega, and even Artem himself confirmed this.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.pund...d-fight-frankie-edgar-made-title-ufc-222/amp/
i don't get it. You're still clinging onto the fact that he's ducking, .......he's coming back to fight khabib in October but he's ducking him? Listen to yourself bro.
He took time off because his girl got pregnant and he got handed a hundred million. Every human being would have done the same.

no fantasy, just logic

i don't get it. You're still clinging onto the fact that he's ducking, .......he's coming back to fight khabib in October but he's ducking him? Listen to yourself bro.
He took time off because his girl got pregnant and he got handed a hundred million. Every human being would have done the same.

no fantasy, just logic

Where did I say ducking? I pointed out the fallacy in your original post. You’re still holding on to hope of some pipe dream. You’ve got nothing else so you abandoned the discussion.

he won't win.

And if he does, the haters will come out in full force claiming that he's ducking everybody in the UFC if he doesn't have a fight booked 3 days later.

fergie will be the haters next golden boy. the cycle of hate won't end no matter what Conor accomplishes.

Conor could destroy khabib, crush fergie.... obliterate kevin lee...

and you would still have haters on here saying he's ducking, that he sucks.... and is getting favoritism from the UFC.

it's laughable

Yup, you nailed it.

Where did I say ducking? I pointed out the fallacy in your original post. You’re still holding on to hope of some pipe dream. You’ve got nothing else so you abandoned the discussion.
"stay rdy" and then not fighting = ducking.
you said that.

It will be his best win to date. He will not only be fighting a guy that is not smaller than he is but one of the best grapplers in MMA. Good for Conor in taking this fight it is a dangerous one.

"stay rdy" and then not fighting = ducking.
you said that.

No, actually I didn’t. You’re a typical load gargler. You take everything that isn’t hyperbolic praise as a slight. That’s just where your simple mind goes. It’s just you making up stuff again. You’re clearly not intelligent enough to interpret my words. If you want clarification I’ll give it to you.

I don’t believe conor was any where close to being ready to fight. Even if he was the UFC wouldn’t have let him fight as they want to give him the best chance to win. I’ll put it in simple terms even you can understand. Stay ready = stay relevant.

Back