If Conor wins the rematch it would be a HUGE setback for the UFC...

Conor already said himself at the UFC 202 presser that he intends to go back to the Featherweight Division to defend his title after the rematch with Diaz.

Look...

Conor would LOVE to do that...

...but is he willing to endure the cut and all of the potential ramifications? Can he even make the cut anymore...?

It's somewhat akin to Ronda. Her cut against Holly was seemingly........BRUTAL. If she does ever come back (she's NOT in my humble opinion) said "brutality" may be a lot worse.............

If he wins, it´s everything the UFC has ever dreamed about. They´ll be able to promote him against either the LW or the WW champions.... and then even if he loses, they´ll let him fight Diaz for the trilogy (Nate wouldn´t mind fighting him again and getting a little more richer) before he is forced to go back and fight ALDO.... and then in case he wins the trilogy with Nate they´ll let him have a go at the other champion he didn´t fight before, or even a rematch with the champion he lost too (not one champion would say no to this, they all want a red panty night).... if none of this works, only THEN he´ll be "forced" to fight ALDO..... (They won´t force him to do anything he doesn´t want to, in the mean time they´ll just let Aldo´s interim belt become the oficial one and Gregor would have an immediate shot at it anytime he decides to drop to 145 again).

Look...

Conor would LOVE to do that...

...but is he willing to endure the cut and all of the potential ramifications? Can he even make the cut anymore...?

It's somewhat akin to Ronda. Her cut against Holly was seemingly........BRUTAL. If she does ever come back (she's NOT in my humble opinion) said "brutality" may be a lot worse.............
Why couldn't he make the cut? Again, as others have said, he's always made the cut. You're just speculating out of your ass, and it's pointless. "Can someone who has done X two dozen times do X again????????"

Conor isn't big anymore like Rousey. He just has a follow up fight to lose where Ronda just dissapeared.

Why is 145 out of the question? Dude has never missed weight in his career.

You, sir, are just a Conor hater...admit it.

Conor wins. Trilogy means more money.

You must have missed the part where Dana already said regardless of whether he wins or loses he's defending his 145 belt next.
Oh shit Dana said it?

Well, I guess it's settled then. Not like Dana's one to lie

Nate Diaz isn't as marketable as McGregor TS...What the fuck are you smoking, and why aren't you sharing?
TS is a greedy mofo.

Don't worry bro, I got you. Us Philly people gotta stick together and share the good stuff.

Oh shit Dana said it?

Well, I guess it's settled then. Not like Dana's one to lie
Can you name a single lie Dana White has ever told?

No, really. I can't name a single one. There's just too many to pick from.

You know what I really feel is missing this time around? The Conor walks around at 190 lbs posts. Those were good for entertainment.

Conor would have a renewed freedom to make demands...be they monetary and or scheduling related.

It would enable him to have more leverage in terms of picking his next fight...(not that he was ever going to fight the elite at 170) which is not good for anyone who wants to see him go up against the best wrestlers, etc.

It would buy him more time to STALL ("I'm going to fight Mayweather", etc) instead of fighting for an actual belt at 155. (145 is out of the question obv)

It would make many fighters feel alienated, again, due to the way the UFC cherishes/nurtures/enables hype trains over everyone else...whereas Nate is a REAL fighter, (as in, not fake like Conor and Ronda and Jones) who they respect in that regard.

In closing, if Conor wins, his path going forward will be easier due to the aforementioned reasons above.

It's best when down to earth fighters get shine as opposed to ultra-greedy prima donnas.

How is 145 out of the questions - obviously? It might be, but there's nothing approaching fact in that regard.

Not that I disagree with your main point - Conor winning will definitely make him harder to deal with.

Maybe you missed the part where they slapped him down, took him off the main event of 200? He then had to sit back and watch Lesnar break one of his precious records, by getting a disclosed gate that was 2 1/2 times what Conor got. If anything, the UFC showed him by still having a big 200 without him, and making money on another event with him.

Doubt a win over Diaz will give him any real power at a negotiating table with the UFC.

How is 145 out of the questions - obviously? It might be, but there's nothing approaching fact in that regard.

Not that I disagree with your main point - Conor winning will definitely make him harder to deal with.

Conor winning = the exact agenda that the UFC strives for.

Nate winning = an anti-establishment success.

Relative to Conor, Nate keeps it real, does he not...?

He doesn't spew nonsense about being a God, etc, etc, etc.

What does keeping it real mean? If you actually pay attention to what nate says he acknowledges Conor as his version of a real fighter which we all know translates to nate as a stand up non wrestler. Also trash talk doesn't make you a fake fighter. How many fighters talk shit? Muhammad Ali a fake fighter? Roy Jones a fake fighter? Rampage a fake fighter? Its probably in your best interest to not call anyone who actually fights for a living a fake fighter. Its stupid and not true and there's much better ways to critique someone.

What does keeping it real mean? If you actually pay attention to what nate says he acknowledges Conor as his version of a real fighter which we all know translates to nate as a stand up non wrestler. Also trash talk doesn't make you a fake fighter. How many fighters talk shit? Muhammad Ali a fake fighter? Roy Jones a fake fighter? Rampage a fake fighter? Its probably in your best interest to not call anyone who actually fights for a living a fake fighter. Its stupid and not true and there's much better ways to critique someone.

So he's being genuine when he says he can beat Robbie Lawler, etc, etc, etc.

That's rhetorical btw.

So he's being genuine when he says he can beat Robbie Lawler, etc, etc, etc.

That's rhetorical btw.

I realize it's rhetorical but yes I genuinely believe that Conor thinks he can beat Lawler. Just as I believe any fighter at that level believes they can beat any opponent put in front of them. It takes an incredible amount of personal confidence to do this It's always weird when people are offended by that. Also just because someone believes something that doesn't make it true. Do you really expect Conor to just say nah he'd kick my ass. It'll never happen and expecting it to is unreasonable.

Back