If Conor wins has to be in the top 5 GOAT

I agree with what you are saying but Conor's story isn't over yet. If he is able to win the Trilogy and some how win the the LW belt again he can go out on top. That's a big IF though, if he succeeds people will overlook his losses in the long run and his career will be viewed in higher regard. Losses will be thought of as unmotivated Conor or something to that regard. He does have to win though, so a lot is riding on the trilogy fight for Conor's career. I don't see him continuing on after sustaining a losing streak and having to climb up the ranks again.
He needs to bail if he loses. He would lose to half of the top 10 and then he can hold no legitimate argument for his perceived greatness. I could see him losing, and being dumb/desperate enough to fight Gaetje or Chandler. But if he lost that, forget it, I think a lot of his fans would finally turn on him

Havent been on here for a few days. This is the first thread I see and remember why.

Man this guy keep trolling.

This guy is the same guy who made a thread saying he doesn't see how Mayweather beats Logan Paul..
Well technically he was right, mayweather failed to beat Logan, it was a draw.

He needs to bail if he loses. He would lose to half of the top 10 and then he can hold no legitimate argument for his perceived greatness. I could see him losing, and being dumb/desperate enough to fight Gaetje or Chandler. But if he lost that, forget it, I think a lot of his fans would finally turn on him

His 'Legacy' stock will indeed be much higher if he somehow got to LW gold again. I cannot stand the guy and my biggest gripe about his career is he had ONE fight to become LW champion. ONE. And that against a champ in his very first defence. Now of of course you can pick at the amazing FW run he went on as a build up to that but if every champion in history was given an immediate shot at being a double champ in their next fight wed be sitting on many many double champs. They had a story and narrative to fill and it fell their way perfectly. He still had to win those fights. I think Aldo and Alvarez wins are almost not given the credit nowadays because of the hyperbole about the rest of his career . If he could come back after everything and beat a few top LWs sitting high in the rankings (which he has yet to do) it would for sure be more favourable on all time lists. It wont happen though and I dont think he would ever be LW champion, if hed had to have 2/3 LW fights before his title shot.

If Conor wins has to be in the top 5 GOAT

Name one other GOAT who held a title aside from McGregor and never defended it...?

If he winz all he does is win nothing more...

9Tc.gif

Last edited:
Sorry but that list it terrible. Matt Hughes at 6th all-time? lol no.

Lyoto Machida 18th ever, Wand 19th, Tyrone Woodley 25th, Eddie Alvarez 26th.

That's awful. Look TS is obviously wrong here, but McGregor is already like top 15-20 range. Legit double champ, historic dominance at 145 and dethroned the GOAT Aldo there, moved up and legit beat Alvarez (ranked 26th in that list). Not just beat, raped Eddie.
Look, I am not talking against your choices.
but I always get a kick when someone say he is a "Legit double champ".
I mean, yes, he was the champion in two WC's, but:
a) got a gifted title shot in BOTH.
b) got favourable matches in BOTH.
c) did not defend either of his belts even ONCE.

That's besides the fact that rules were changed for him, rules that prevented, for instance Aldo from doing exactly that (Aldo wanted to move up and fight Pettis and Dana demanded him to relinquish his belt first).

So why would I give him merit for things he never deserved and others could not do before him? I think it is hypocritical.

Look, I am not talking against your choices.
but I always get a kick when someone say he is a "Legit double champ".
I mean, yes, he was the champion in two WC's, but:
a) got a gifted title shot in BOTH.
b) got favourable matches in BOTH.
c) did not defend either of his belts even ONCE.

That's besides the fact that rules were changed for him, rules that prevented, for instance Aldo from doing exactly that (Aldo wanted to move up and fight Pettis and Dana demanded him to relinquish his belt first).

So why would I give him merit for things he never deserved and others could not do before him? I think it is hypocritical.
That’s a great pointer. And in line with Deezers. He was given an opportunity others were denied. And the uniqueness of his double champ status is severly undercut because others were denied the same option. And Deezer is right. There would be a whole lot of double champs if the same rules applied to the rest of the UFC. And it’s the UFC. Being a double champ can be as arbitrary as you want it to be. This isn’t like being a gold champ Olympic wrestler at 2 weights. That is a set pathway where all the same rules apply for all. Just like being a 2 weight champ in boxing is about as impressive as waking up in the am

Sorry but that list it terrible. Matt Hughes at 6th all-time? lol no.

Lyoto Machida 18th ever, Wand 19th, Tyrone Woodley 25th, Eddie Alvarez 26th.

That's awful. Look TS is obviously wrong here, but McGregor is already like top 15-20 range. Legit double champ, historic dominance at 145 and dethroned the GOAT Aldo there, moved up and legit beat Alvarez (ranked 26th in that list). Not just beat, raped Eddie.
Fuck off. Machida has a great resume. Conrad’s resume is laughable compared to Lyoto

Not a Conor fan but I do appreciate a great fighter when I see one. No one has done what Conor has done and made it look as good. He has one of the most devastating weapons in MMA history, that left hand. Once that left hand lands not many people are able to stop it.
no he doesnt wtf r u talking about. The "left hand" is a meme, he built it on hitting a charging aldo and a chinlet eddie alvarez, he hit a notorious chinlet (dustin poirier) a few times with it and nothing happened. His power if very overrated

Top 5 of all time??
If Conor wins I still have him at #41 right behind Nate Diaz.

I didn't avoid anything I know the IV issue that forced him out of FW. That doesn't change the fact he won the LW belt. Many champions defended belts, less champions are champions in more than 1 division. Check the numbers, that tells you what is harder to do. Like I said before, if it was so easy everyone would be doing it. Yet there are few that succeeded, and even less willing to attempt it.
Not many are given the opportunity to move up and fight for the championship right away. That's one thing that people seem to forget.

Not many are given the opportunity to move up and fight for the championship right away. That's one thing that people seem to forget.
Actually most have been denied when asked.
And the ones that have been granted have generally cleaned out their division and defended several times. None apply to Conor though

Not a Conor fan but I do appreciate a great fighter when I see one. No one has done what Conor has done and made it look as good. He has one of the most devastating weapons in MMA history, that left hand. Once that left hand lands not many people are able to stop it.
Two wins at LW = top 5 LW goat?

if its the power, maybe you did not know of guys like Melvin who had ridiculous power, or Sam “hands of stone” stout.

if it’s putting on a clinic, Khabib put on better clinics

If it is popularity.. he certainly takes the cake

but no, two wins at LW would not = goat.

michael johnson has more wins at LW and finished dustin in a more emphatic and impressive style at 155.

Fuck off. Machida has a great resume. Conrad’s resume is laughable compared to Lyoto

I mean, obviously you are biased for Machida if that is what you are singling out.

But in reality, Machida has 1 title defense and most people (everyone) thought he lost that fight. It was a robbery decision of Shogun. He still won the LHW belt and slumped Rashad Evans, but he has one fake title defense and never recaptured a title.

I'm not saying Machida sucks, but how is that a great resume' while McGregor's is laughable? You're just obviously biased and irrational on this.

The height of what McGregor accomplished is significantly better than what Machida accomplished, that's a fact.

The dude is 1-3 in his last four outings and his fight he won against nate could easily have been a draw or had nate winning. Conor has had some masterful performances but he has looked pretty ordinary and this a pretty big skid to all of a sudden win win and become the GOAT. Especially when compared to guys who looked unbeatable during long streaks and have defended the world title.
hes 2-2. recently he has only lost to khabib and #1 ranked poirier. unless you want to count his loss to the boxing GOAT floyd which still isnt bad even though we are talking about mma. doesnt make him a bum

Back