If Conor wins has to be in the top 5 GOAT

images

#5 but dogshit quality

Conor%2Bmcgregor%2Bvs%2Bdenis%2Bsilver.jpg

Yes I agree sometimes the rankings are wonky or the UFC definitely just moves guys up to give an opponent a ranked win, perhaps the case with Siver. So I looked it up - He was 4-1 at LW his only loss to Cerrone (good at the time I think, title run Cerrone?). Then dropped to FW and beat Nunes, Phan, lost to Swanson, beat Manny Gamburyan but NC due to steroids or something lol, then beat Charles Rosa.

so a bit sussy ranking to me, but 10 is not crazy. He was 4-1 at LW then went 4-1 at FW only losing to Cerrone and Swanson, and one PED pop in there but he won the fight so...they usually don't move rankings for that stuff. I don't think Siver was a great win by any means, but I think this is a prime example of why "ranked wins" is also arbitrary. Iaqutina for Khabib is another "ranked win" but it might be worse than an unranked.

The unranked win over a green Holloway, yes green but in his 5th fight still and McGregor tore his fucking ACL mid fight, is probably more impressive not just in hindsight, than Siver...imo
Nah Siver was legit top 10 at the time. No one would have argued it then. The problem was he was too low of a match to make before Chad. It was stupid, but also smart by the UFC. And I think Conor really ruined him after that. Kinda of like Alvarez. People don't give Siver any career credit all from that lost and what it did to him afterwards. But he was a stud at that time

Man this guy keep trolling.

This guy is the same guy who made a thread saying he doesn't see how Mayweather beats Logan Paul..
Dude this guy has watched thousands of fights bro and only gotten a couple of predictions wrong man<28>

He only has two ranked wins at 145 and one was on two weeks notice. He's a double champ who fought no one to get a shot and didn't defend a title once. There's countless guys who could have made that claim if the UFC accommodated them like they did Conor.

Yes, he floored Aldo and a won in spectacular fashion and that's all that matters, but Dana spent months allowing Conor to troll him in public until Aldo was shook mentally, embracing Conor after he attacked just about everything about Jose in another language. Yes, he obliterated Eddie. Great wins.

Those two wins, along with only three ranked wins overall does not push Conor into the top twenty. If you'd like to say I'm a hater, sure. That's fine. I don't like him but I can discuss his history and wins fairly. He's not ahead of other guys you're probably not as much of a fan of, and recency bias is a thing. Whether you agree or not, I don't care. We can agree to disagree. I appreciate the detailed response though.

EDIT: We can say three ranked at 145 as Poirier was fringe top ten, so I'll be fair and add that.
You guys have to factor in accomplishments, regardless of how you feel about the difficulty level. Not many fighters accomplished more than Conor. They may have more title defenses, but are not double champs. It's not as easy as you guys think it is and many have failed attempting to be 2 division champions. Who do you guys have ahead of Conor in terms of actual accomplishments? The list should be separated 2 division champs first, then champions with most title defenses. Much harder to become 2 division champ and that's why that list is short compared to the list of 1 division champions. In order to become 2 division champ you have to beat another champion, title defenses are just contenders, not champions. More stock in beating an active champion.

Not a Conor fan but I do appreciate a great fighter when I see one. No one has done what Conor has done and made it look as good. He has one of the most devastating weapons in MMA history, that left hand. Once that left hand lands not many people are able to stop it.
The dude is 1-3 in his last four outings and his fight he won against nate could easily have been a draw or had nate winning. Conor has had some masterful performances but he has looked pretty ordinary and this a pretty big skid to all of a sudden win win and become the GOAT. Especially when compared to guys who looked unbeatable during long streaks and have defended the world title.

He’s top10-top15 right now. Had the best FW run, beat Aldo in 13 seconds, double champ, schooled Eddie, avenged his loss to Nate and has finished guys in 3 different weight classes. One of the best strikers to ever compete in MMA.
To be a top5 on GOAT list, he needs to beat Dustin, Charles and defend the belt at least once though

You again? What is wrong with you and my threads? Why cant you leave me alone? You are always trying to defaming me for no good reason. You have nothing better to do than trying to derail my threads?
Cuz you know you're full of shit when you post these threads. So these threads are full of shit. And the worst thing that could happen is someone accidentally reads your shit seriously and fills this shit thread with more shit.

It's why some would call you a "shit poster"

Not just the left-hand. He beat Diaz in the rematch with mostly leg kicks + put Cerrone down with a head kick.

You guys have to factor in accomplishments, regardless of how you feel about the difficulty level. Not many fighters accomplished more than Conor. They may have more title defenses, but are not double champs. It's not as easy as you guys think it is and many have failed attempting to be 2 division champions. Who do you guys have ahead of Conor in terms of actual accomplishments? The list should be separated 2 division champs first, then champions with most title defenses. Much harder to become 2 division champ and that's why that list is short compared to the list of 1 division champions. In order to become 2 division champ you have to beat another champion, title defenses are just contenders, not champions. More stock in beating an active champion.
If he had earned that double champ status then fine. But he was completely gifted it, and bypassed a ton of people who could have beaten him. Name another time any fighter has been given a championship fight above the weight class they had their first one at...without ever defending that other belt. Never has happened and should never have happened. He beat Alvarez. But to use the double champ as your reason for greatness based on the fact that "no one else has done it" is completely ludicrous. It was a nice accomplishment yes, but not one that was earned, nor one that any other figher in the history of the UFC has ever been allowed to attempt

Not just the left-hand. He beat Diaz in the rematch with mostly leg kicks + put Cerrone down with a head kick.
Hanging your hat on a Nate Diaz rematch win, in which he barely won (some could argue he really lost), when Nate has basically not won this decade is a weak weak example. And Cowboy...have you ever heard a fighter legit admit they didn't want to be in the ring, from the minute they started the walk to the Octagon. Love the guy, but talk about folding and unfortunately for Conor, really diminishing a win

If he had earned that double champ status then fine. But he was completely gifted it, and bypassed a ton of people who could have beaten him. Name another time any fighter has been given a championship fight above the weight class they had their first one at...without ever defending that other belt. Never has happened and should never have happened. He beat Alvarez. But to use the double champ as your reason for greatness based on the fact that "no one else has done it" is completely ludicrous. It was a nice accomplishment yes, but not one that was earned, nor one that any other figher in the history of the UFC has ever been allowed to attempt
Earn is subjective. Every fighter that goes for 2 division champ is not fighting up the rankings, they challenge the champion in the division below or above them. Yes he didn't defend and that's what people use against him. To me what he did is harder than just defending the title vs a contender. Yes multiple title defenses for years is a great accomplishment and those champions are ranked higher than regular champions. Just like 2 division champs should be ranked higher than regular champions. They all have the option to challenge another champion in a different division, some do it and the others don't.. GSP understood this and went for the 2 division champion status. He knew what it would mean to his legacy and how being 2 division champion is viewed.

At the time Conor did it he was trying to do something that wasn't done before. He was going for the hardest challenges. He was trying to do something that hasn't been done. Many fighters have defended a championship belt, no one held 2 division championship belts at the same time before.

Earn is subjective. Every fighter that goes for 2 division champ is not fighting up the rankings, they challenge the champion in the division below or above them. Yes he didn't defend and that's what people use against him. To me what he did is harder than just defending the title vs a contender. Yes multiple title defenses for years is a great accomplishment and those champions are ranked higher than regular champions. Just like 2 division champs should be ranked higher than regular champions. They all have the option to challenge another champion in a different division, some do it and the others don't.. GSP understood this and went for the 2 division champion status. He knew what it would mean to his legacy and how being 2 division champion is viewed.

At the time Conor did it he was trying to do something that wasn't done before. He was going for the hardest challenges. He was trying to do something that hasn't been done. Many fighters have defended a championship belt, no one held 2 division championship belts at the same time before.
Totally incorrect. Dana does not just give champs the option to bump up and do it. It has happened on rare rare occasions with guys that have defended time and time again and have virtually cleaned out their division. Sorry, I don't feel Conors two division champ thing is as status earning as you make it, and I am pretty sure most MMA pundits wholly agree. It's cool though, we don't need to agree on everything.

In addition, I think the jumping up obfuscates two major point:
- he didnt want to risk an Aldo rematch
- he couldn't make weight without the IV hydration

Hanging your hat on a Nate Diaz rematch win, in which he barely won (some could argue he really lost), when Nate has basically not won this decade is a weak weak example. And Cowboy...have you ever heard a fighter legit admit they didn't want to be in the ring, from the minute they started the walk to the Octagon. Love the guy, but talk about folding and unfortunately for Conor, really diminishing a win

It's not about the wins themselves, but just responding to the idea he only has a left hand.

In fact early Conor used to use kicks a lot. Not to cause damage, usually to distract or to lure shots out of people to set up the left - sure, but he has more tools than people pretend. Not now, last time out he looked like a boxer but early Conor used to use a lot of movement.

Also re: the Diaz rematch, he didn't 'barely win' and there's 0 percent chance he lost. I even rewatched it many times in recent years as I thought it was closer than I remember too, and there's that narrative that it was so close..

It wasn't. Nate only definitively won ONE round. How is winning 1 out of 5 rounds close. And I'd be happy to go through every round with someone.

It's just because Conor didn't finish him. But nobody fkn does finish Nate.

Not a Conor fan but I do appreciate a great fighter when I see one. No one has done what Conor has done and made it look as good. He has one of the most devastating weapons in MMA history, that left hand. Once that left hand lands not many people are able to stop it.
How many title defences does Conman MookGregor have?

No, he's been cherry picking favorable match ups for too long and hasn't granted anyone a single rematch unless he has everything to gain and nothing to lose. And even when cherry picking, he's gotten his ass beat.

Dustin is not a GOAT either. Dustin is also overrated. He's just at the top by default.. Never beat the top guys when they were at the top.

Clowner has to beat a prime Khabib, Oliveira and more to be top 5. Clown had the chance to secure his spot. All he had to do was end Tony's streak and beat Khabib. But nah, he ducked, went for $$$, came back and got his ass beat. He'll never be top 10 LW GOATs:

Khabib
Penn
Sherk
Gomi
Henderson
Pettis
RDA
Pulver
Tony
Dariush

And many more are way ahead of him. Clown only has one win over Eddie and that's it. At FW his only win is Also. The rest don't count. Overrated, manufactured / paper champ.

Back