If Conor wins and calls out Tony for MSG

If Conor wins and does a call out it’ll likely be GSP or whoever the 170lbs champ is at the time.

EDIT: if Till beats Woodley I doubt he’ll call out Till (size difference) but if Woodley wins and GSP is off the table I can see him calling out Woodley.

You’d rather see Conor fight Diaz or Poirier again, instead of a fresh matchup against the best LW in the world?
Makes sense if you put it like that, they wouldn't be rematches for Khabib though. I don't believe Ferguson is the best lightweight in the world, he's top five for sure, but by no means is he the guy to beat, and that Poirier/Diaz fight is a number one contender fight.

Hey! I’m one of those 12

The point is Tony has little fallowing and has no gold belt.. he has nothing for Conor's interest money wise or image/fame etc he doesn't care about the 10-20% hardcore fans we will watch either way.

Conor will look for names like GSP or the WW belt or even a Nate trilogy if Nate fights and wins and cuts a promo to stay relevant.

Makes sense if you put it like that, they wouldn't be rematches for Khabib though. I don't believe Ferguson is the best lightweight in the world, he's top five for sure, but by no means is he the guy to beat, and that Poirier/Diaz fight is a number one contender fight.
Tony has the longest win streak in the history of the division, and was the interim champ before they stripped it from him in a heart beat (yes I know he tripped over a wire). Dustin is on a 3 fight win streak and Nate is on 0 fight win streak lmao. Tony’s last two victories are also more impressive than anybody else’s in the division. Tony is most certainly the guy to beat.

Really good insight. But maybe not Croke Park then. How about 3Arena? It's in Dublin as well. Obviously much less seating. You don't think the idea of Conor McGregor headlining a major Ireland event would convince the city of Dublin?

Outside of doing a big overseas show like that, I actually think a Conor McGregor headliner attracts the most eyes at the TD Garden in Boston. Boston has a large Irish population and they're nuts lol

The way Conor makes money is PPV
They can't do Dublin in the prime US PPV time
the city won't let it
Unless the city allows it (noise at night laws) I doubt it will happen.

Really good insight. But maybe not Croke Park then. How about 3Arena? It's in Dublin as well. Obviously much less seating. You don't think the idea of Conor McGregor headlining a major Ireland event would convince the city of Dublin?

Outside of doing a big overseas show like that, I actually think a Conor McGregor headliner attracts the most eyes at the TD Garden in Boston. Boston has a large Irish population and they're nuts lol

Thanks my man
The thing is, he makes so much in gate
I don't think Ireland ticket prices can match NYC or Vegas in a smaller arena
Boston might not as well.

but, yes I agree Dublin could adapt a law for the event, but they haven't & until they do & approach UFC with insurances & a nice financial offer, it is not a reality sadly.

but imagine that atmosphere :)

What about Belfast? Does Northern Ireland have the same "noise" laws as Ireland?

Thanks my man
The thing is, he makes so much in gate
I don't think Ireland ticket prices can match NYC or Vegas in a smaller arena
Boston might not as well.

but, yes I agree Dublin could adapt a law for the event, but they haven't & until they do & approach UFC with insurances & a nice financial offer, it is not a reality sadly.

but imagine that atmosphere :)

It's no Croke Park for sure (WAY lower capacity), but there's Windsor Park in Belfast.

Then WTF knows?
It will come down to money.
Unless Conor take a big paycut, I doubt UFC will do an event with him where they will make less money.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him call him out but not for MSG. That's just too early after the Khabib fight, no matter how little damage Conor might take. I could see it before the end of the year, though.

Conor isn't calling anyone out. He likes people to have to grovel and beg to fight him. Shit Dana has to probably beg him to fight.

Back