If Conor somehow wins WW title and then retires, where would you rank him on all time list?

Is it? Nobody seems that excited that Henry Cejudo achieved the same thing.
Sherdog or casuals dont care for the smaller weight classes, DJ has the title defenses record, got sent away the second he lost it, also Conor was the first to have 2 at the same time, there are talks that Aldo wasnt allowed to try against Pettis tho.

In sports entertainment like MMA, nearly everything is possible.

Cejudo beating Miocic? No.

Conor landing early left hook or some destroying combo like he did to Eddie, to WW champ at the time? Yes.

Then he would probably retire, because i believe in his mind nothing could top being a 3-division champ.

Where would you rank him in the goat list, GOAT? Top 5? Top 10? Was never champ because he never defended?
I hate Conor. Seriously. I hate him. But if he wins the WW title, no matter the circumstances, he is the all time GOAT P4P. No question.

P4p luckiest guy in the world. The path to 3 easy title shots. Nowhere near top 10 as he never defends.

Diaz was #4 when Conor beat him.

View attachment 716815

So you need to add Diaz to the top 5 fighters defeated outside their class

And Siver was #10

Nate's ranking was inflated by the UFC for promotional purposes before the fight. I also don't think Siver was even ranked until they announced him as Conor's next opponent.

I hate Conor. Seriously. I hate him. But if he wins the WW title, no matter the circumstances, he is the all time GOAT P4P. No question.

You really would rank someone that's 3-1 in title shots with no defenses higher than legit GOATs that defended belts against the best guys in their division for years? Jones is 13-0 in title fights, GSP 13-2, DJ 12-2, Silva 11-2, Aldo 8-3. It's absurd to put Conor anywhere near these guys. Double champ/triple champ shit is nowhere near as impressive as a prolonged reign as a champ.

Lol @ "mauling" him. How was that, by getting smashed from the bottom and getting finished in less than two rounds? You mean the one elbow he landed at the end of the first after getting messed up on the feet for the first half of the round? I thought "Chad was always in shape" too.....hmmmm. Double standards? Gonna buy 'Chad was outta shape' but not the Conor knee excuse?

Is Eddie's offensive wrestling terrible too? I thought he was 'boxing of Nate but with better power and wrestling' He had plenty of opportunity in the clinch and instead got out grappled by Conor. Nate didn't take him down in the rematch until like 5 seconds left, while he rag dolled Pettis.

And again with the lies: "Khabib actually dropped him with a punch". Gif me that. I will give you 100 but if you can give me a gif of Conor getting "dropped" by Khabib. Conor has never been dropped in his entire career, not even by Mayweather, and you and I both know it. And ANOTHER total hyperbolic fabrication that he 'took him down at will too'. He landed 42% of his td's, failed more than succeeded, and even lost a round.

You Conor haters are off your rockers with your hyperbole. Josh was talking exactly about you clowns when he berated you on JRE.

You huggers could type me a sea of hyperbole backing your boy to the ends of the earth. If you want to invoke Thomson to backup your opinion and cherry pick, so be it.

Chad was all over Conor until he gassed. The choke attempt was an all time dunce move by a guy who was on fumes. Maybe you forgot the five rounds he went with Aldo at a ridiculous pace, which proves he has good cardio traditionally?

Conor was dropped by a Khabib punch. Are you retarded? Lol.

Don't answer that last question. It's rhetorical.

So he in essence would've defended his UFC belts a grand total of 0 times?

Nate's ranking was inflated by the UFC for promotional purposes before the fight. I also don't think Siver was even ranked until they announced him as Conor's next opponent.

Siver was moved back into the rankings just to make Conor look better, makes it easier to justify a title shot. LOL at the UFC

Conor landing early left hook or some destroying combo like he did to Eddie, to WW champ at the time? Yes.

Then he would probably retire, because i believe in his mind nothing could top being a 3-division champ.

Where would you rank him in the goat list, GOAT? Top 5? Top 10? Was never champ because he never defended?
sorry man, but it's not impressive when the ufc is kissing your ass and giving you title matches you don't really deserve.

the only title fight he deserved was against aldo at fw since he moved up the ladder and eventually got his title shot.

after that the ufc bent over backwards for conor all for the sake of $$$ that's why there's NO consistency with who earns and who's gifted a title shot and why the ranking system is a joke since the ufc/dana use it as they see fit.

also complete horseshit and two faced organization/dana wouldn't agree to the gsp/kahbib fight back when gsp wanted it....we may of already had a first time 3 division champion in gsp and if they don't want someone to win a belt and then vacate or not defend then why do they keep kissing conor's ass.

conor got gifted his lw title against eddie, then lost....if he wins a ww belt he needs to defend and I doubt he gets past guys like wonderboy, tyron, or even masvidal, amongst others who I believe would give conor trouble.

conor doesn't surpass or come close to gsp, silva, or jones as p4p or goat....conor would be below top 5 easily, simply because conor has ZERO title defenses in all his divisions he participates in....it's easy to get gifted title shots or special privileges when the company you work for backs you up, it's more impressive when you can defend multiple times without losing against the top contenders in the division something conor has yet to do.

The short answer: it depends on what else he does...but he would at least enter the GOAT list discussions, regardless of where anyone would rank him, because it would be an unprecedented accomplishment that is unlikely to be replicated....but right now, he doesn't even belong anywhere near one, IMHO.

Why stop there what about the middle weight belt and HW.

Maybe, Conor is the greatest at a lot of things in MMA. He is the best at selling a fight, at making UFC money, of making himself and those he fights money and if he happens to win 3 belts (not including BMF) I would say he is the greatest because of all of what he brings to the sport.

Nate's ranking was inflated by the UFC for promotional purposes before the fight

Wrong. Nate was #5 at LW as of the Feb 23, 2016 rankings: http://www.mma-stats.com/rankings/2016-02-23.

RDA doesn't pull out until after those rankings were already out. Nate was #5 before he was ever fighting Conor, and then had moved to #4 by the time of the rematch in August off the Conor win.

Now you can say that Nate got a boost that Feb 23 week, but that's not because of UFC rankings fuckery but because Cowboy had moved to WW, and won, and therefore less people were ranking him at LW. Hence his 4 spot drop that week.

also don't think Siver was even ranked until they announced him as Conor's next opponent.

Wrong. Siver was #10 as of the Oct 6, 2014 rankings: http://www.mma-stats.com/rankings/2014-10-06

Conor vs Siver is announced after that, and doesn't happen until Jan 18, 2015.

Back