If Conor somehow wins WW title and then retires, where would you rank him on all time list?

NuMe

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
In sports entertainment like MMA, nearly everything is possible.

Cejudo beating Miocic? No.

Conor landing early left hook or some destroying combo like he did to Eddie, to WW champ at the time? Yes.

Then he would probably retire, because i believe in his mind nothing could top being a 3-division champ.

Where would you rank him in the goat list, GOAT? Top 5? Top 10? Was never champ because he never defended?

A striker would have to hold the belt for he and the UFC to even consider it.

It's more likely they create a new belt between 155 and 170 and give him a title shot against an 'exciting' fighter so they can champion him as the real, true, triple C.

In sports entertainment like MMA, nearly everything is possible.

Cejudo beating Miocic? No.

Conor landing early left hook or some destroying combo like he did to Eddie, to WW champ at the time? Yes.

Then he would probably retire, because i believe in his mind nothing could top being a 3-division champ.

Where would you rank him in the goat list, GOAT? Top 5? Top 10? Was never champ because he never defended?

The greatest

I don't get this 'Conor can never beat a wrestler' narrative. Listen to Rogan's podcast with Thomson. He said Conor did better against Khabib than any wrestler did and that you had to be a professional fighter or expert to appreciate what he was doing. HE, Khabib;s team captain, basically clowned the life out of all these goober saying "Conor has no wrestling, Conor is a one trick pony, Conor has no grappling, etc". Conor can beat anyone at 170 and under if he lands, and he is certainly no one trick pony. This is fighting where Bisping KO'd Rockhold. Conor catching Masvidal or Usman would not be as shocking as Bisping beating Luke or Mercer KO'ing Timmeh.

It would definitely be behind Khabib. No matter what the # beside his name.

Not top 5 or even top 10 because I have never considered him a legit LW champion while Tony and Khabib existed. Plus to that he never defended FW belt

Some flukes have to happen for Conor to win WW title. Masvidal has to beat Usman which is very unlikely and more unlikely is that Conor beats Usman.

If Conor knocks out Usman it's a different story. He'd probably be top 10 but still has embarrassing losses to Nate and khabib on his resume. Top 5 goats go to long win streaks. Conor would be somewhere in BJ Penn discussion who lost lots of fights but beat very good guys as well

I don't get this 'Conor can never beat a wrestler' narrative. Listen to Rogan's podcast with Thomson. He said Conor did better against Khabib than any wrestler did and that you had to be a professional fighter or expert to appreciate what he was doing. HE, Khabib;s team captain, basically clowned the life out of all these goober saying "Conor has no wrestling, Conor is a one trick pony, Conor has no grappling, etc". Conor can beat anyone at 170 and under if he lands, and he is certainly no one trick pony. This is fighting where Bisping KO'd Rockhold. Conor catching Masvidal or Usman would not be as shocking as Bisping beating Luke or Mercer KO'ing Timmeh.
His wrestling is at least suspect. The khabib fight isnt a good example since he was allowed to cheat the entire fight. If he couldnt grab shorts, gloves, put toes in fence, he could have been smashed and tapped out in the 1st or 2nd.
The WW division is bad news for Conor, even if he can defend takedowns. Those guys are taller,heavier, longer reach, and mix it up well. It might not be a hugely shocking upset, but its far from the cherry picked cowboy fight. He would struggle with any of the top WW and he doesn't deal well with adversity.

Lol it's just people being ridiculous. The claim isn't just that he can't beat a grappler of the highest caliber, a lot of people claim his grappling is "subpar" meaning below average in MMA... If that was the case most these guys would just toss him to the mat and submit him with ease.

He would be ranked with WWE superstars, dude’s entire career was scripted

He's not a great. He's had a solid career because of hand picked opponents tbh.

Alltime P4P or Goat? Two different things

Goat list- not even close to top 10
P4P- top 10

Not gonna happen since it's hard to come up with a scenario where he wins against Marty. I don't know how you guys can picture it in your head, but I'm not delusional enough to even entertain the thought.

Itd be a hell of an accomplishment. Hed be p4p number 1 or 2 for me rn. Khabib and Jones are 1 and 2 for me but they havent moved up in weight.

Back