If Conor loses his next fight what does that say about him?S

No, lots of people said that Forrest would expose Anderson
Actually in a lot of the same ways people, incorrectly, said Alvarez would outwrestle Conor - Anderson was largely hated among hardcores and a lot of people thought Forrest would beat him.... incorrectly. The narratives were not that dissimilar, except people thought Silva was slowing in that case, and people wondered if Conor was really all that good in this one.
I didn't spend much time on Sherdog back then (meaning even less than I do now), so I´ll take your word for it.

I don't know if he hangs around if he's not a champion to potentially be another guy on the roster
I don't think he would. He would try to avenge a loss if it happened, but I can't see him being just part of the pack for a prolonged period of time. But who knows, Anderson also managed to convince himself he was still going for a title when nobody else thought that anymore. I think Conor is smarter than that though.

Overachiever might be an okay word for it, not the one I'd use

I just think when it's all said and done, we might look back on his career and realize that he's a big matchup dependent. It'll be interesting to see how he performs against Habeeb and Ferguson, they're both bad matchups for him in theory but both winnable fights that I think he'll be favored in (betting wise). Winning those says a lot.
If he wins against Khabib and Ferguson I'll give him respect. After 5 consecutive defenses, he may enter the GOAT discussion.

It'll be interesting to see how he performs against Habeeb and Ferguson, they're both bad matchups for him in theory but both winnable fights that I think he'll be favored in (betting wise).
I hope both of these fights happen soon. If they don't, it hurts Conor's legacy more than if he lost i.m.o.

I'm waiting for Gif where Tito Ortiz walk into the Arena of TNA wrestling....

Back