If Conor loses his next fight what does that say about him?S

Funniest thing said in this thread was regarding Conor defending a title

serious question

Most rational people can accept that Conor's next fight might be a loss, ending his championship reign
Considering the fact that he never defended the FW title, and could lose his first title defense - how much does this harm his all important legacy.

Again, I think most rational people can agree that Conor is not quite top ten all time, but his accomplishment (overhyped as it may be) of holding two belts at once certainly is up there in all time great moments. Even though Alvarez was a bit of a fortunate match up for Conor, beating Aldo is all time great stuff as well

If he loses his next fight and ends up sticking around at LW as an ordinary elite LW (think Bendo, Gil etc) he might just go down as another guy who just happens to have a couple huge wins

But honestly if he loses I expect a blockbuster triology fight with Diaz, and then I expect him to dip out from contendership and just shop winnable super fights and/or boxing bouts for a couple years before he retires on a mountain of cash

I like your usage of "most rational people..."

It's a nice trick.

If anything Colin will be unstoppable and probably tree division champion.

If I ever see Conor and his camp put out a well produced training montage with classic music on the maclife or whatever

he's my new favorite fighter

You haters are fucking hilarious . He just destroyed Eddie Alvarez and made it look easy , you think he fears Tony or Khabib ?

Eddie was a favourable match up was he. ?

Was RDA also favourable before he pulled out ?.

All these favourable match ups just waiting for Conor to come to 155.

Did you guys miss Conor laying out a 190 pounds Nate Diaz a few times with punches and dropping him with strikes something actual welterweights could not do and this is before USADA ?

You think he fears Kabib or Tony ?

Did you guys miss Conor laying out a 190 pounds Nate Diaz a few times with punches and dropping him with strikes something actual welterweights could not do and this is before USADA ?

Diaz was 220lbs.

You haters are fucking hilarious . He just destroyed Eddie Alvarez and made it look easy , you think he fears Tony or Khabib ?

Eddie was a favourable match up was he. ?

Was RDA also favourable before he pulled out ?.

All these favourable match ups just waiting for Conor to come to 155.

You think he fears Kabib or Tony ?
Mate, Nate was 250

serious question

Most rational people can accept that Conor's next fight might be a loss, ending his championship reign
Considering the fact that he never defended the FW title, and could lose his first title defense - how much does this harm his all important legacy.

Again, I think most rational people can agree that Conor is not quite top ten all time, but his accomplishment (overhyped as it may be) of holding two belts at once certainly is up there in all time great moments. Even though Alvarez was a bit of a fortunate match up for Conor, beating Aldo is all time great stuff as well

If he loses his next fight and ends up sticking around at LW as an ordinary elite LW (think Bendo, Gil etc) he might just go down as another guy who just happens to have a couple huge wins

But honestly if he loses I expect a blockbuster triology fight with Diaz, and then I expect him to dip out from contendership and just shop winnable super fights and/or boxing bouts for a couple years before he retires on a mountain of cash

He won two title at the same time. He's a Hall of Famer no matter what happens.

BJ Penn has lost and looked like shit for years and he's still one of if not the best LW ever.

He won two title at the same time. He's a Hall of Famer no matter what happens.

BJ Penn has lost and looked like shit for years and he's still one of if not the best LW ever.
Didn't say he wasn't a hall of famer so I agree. BJ is one of the greatest LWs because of who he beat at LW though, both in quality and quantity

Mickey gall would grapplefuck him if the fight goes to the ground, connor will never fight khabib.
Damn right. Conor can't even sprawl. He just go underhook and lean on the cage to stop the takedown and that makes him tired

I think he could go back down to FW if Aldo beats Holloway, but I'd think the 3rd Diaz fight would be more likely.

Even though Alvarez was a bit of a fortunate match up

Tee hee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back