If Conor loses his next fight what does that say about him?S

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
serious question

Most rational people can accept that Conor's next fight might be a loss, ending his championship reign
Considering the fact that he never defended the FW title, and could lose his first title defense - how much does this harm his all important legacy.

Again, I think most rational people can agree that Conor is not quite top ten all time, but his accomplishment (overhyped as it may be) of holding two belts at once certainly is up there in all time great moments. Even though Alvarez was a bit of a fortunate match up for Conor, beating Aldo is all time great stuff as well

If he loses his next fight and ends up sticking around at LW as an ordinary elite LW (think Bendo, Gil etc) he might just go down as another guy who just happens to have a couple huge wins

But honestly if he loses I expect a blockbuster triology fight with Diaz, and then I expect him to dip out from contendership and just shop winnable super fights and/or boxing bouts for a couple years before he retires on a mountain of cash

Colin McGillycutty was never my friend

They will find a way to change it to a No Contest or possibly even retroactively declare him the winner if they can get away with it.

He's definitely in the top 10 IMO just because of how absurdly fast he went from nothing to star and how easy work he made from the FW Goat.

It will mean he lost to either Ferguson or Khabib, there's absolutely no shame in losing to wither one of those guys.

I don't think he'll stick around after losing the belt though. Hes made it pretty clear he wants to make money and not take damage.

serious question

Most rational people can accept that Conor's next fight might be a loss, ending his championship reign
Considering the fact that he never defended the FW title, and could lose his first title defense - how much does this harm his all important legacy.

Again, I think most rational people can agree that Conor is not quite top ten all time, but his accomplishment (overhyped as it may be) of holding two belts at once certainly is up there in all time great moments. Even though Alvarez was a bit of a fortunate match up for Conor, beating Aldo is all time great stuff as well

If he loses his next fight and ends up sticking around at LW as an ordinary elite LW (think Bendo, Gil etc) he might just go down as another guy who just happens to have a couple huge wins

But honestly if he loses I expect a blockbuster triology fight with Diaz, and then I expect him to dip out from contendership and just shop winnable super fights and/or boxing bouts for a couple years before he retires on a mountain of cash
That he just had a child and probably wasn't as prepared as should have been?

Man you not seen the Rocky films???

He's definitely in the top 10 IMO just because of how absurdly fast he went from nothing to star and how easy work he made from the FW Goat.
Not in my opinion. Longevity counts more

Mickey gall would grapplefuck him if the fight goes to the ground, connor will never fight khabib.

serious question

Holy shit, this Conor discrediting thing is so ridiculous. This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on here. "What if Conor loses his next fight? Haters like me will get to talk shit about his legacy."

If he doesn't win, he will either get a rematch or an instant title shot at 145. After those 2 extra fights, he'll retire if he can't win them. Maybe close out his career with Diaz 3 after that.

Holy shit, this Conor discrediting thing is so ridiculous. This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on here. "What if Conor loses his next fight? Haters like me will get to talk shit about his legacy."
What?
What is wrong with you?

If he doesn't win, he will either get a rematch or an instant title shot at 145. After those 2 extra fights, he'll retire if he can't win them.
Yeah I hope he sticks around if he doesn't win - I think an instant rematch will probably be in order, forgot to mention that in the OP. And wouldn't be surprised to see him get the Hendo treatment and get back to backs in the event he loses that rematch. I can't see Conor losing multiple fights in a row though, power is the great equalizer. He probably sticks around if he can nab a title back quickly

What?
What is wrong with you?

The question is what is wrong with you? Months before his next fight is even announced, you're writing paragraphs on how him losing it will negatively impact his legacy. Think about that.

The question is what is wrong with you? Months before his next fight is even announced, you're writing paragraphs on how him losing it will negatively impact his legacy. Think about that.
Thought about it. I don't see the problem. Saw a video on my feed that he might come back earlier than expected, so we might see him in a title defense pretty soon. There are going to be plenty of people wondering about his legacy if he wins - I wonder how people would feel if he loses, they're both equally(ish) possible scenarios.

It will mean he lost to either Ferguson or Khabib, there's absolutely no shame in losing to wither one of those guys.

I don't think he'll stick around after losing the belt though. Hes made it pretty clear he wants to make money and not take damage.
It would take a miracle for ferguson to beat conor

It's MMA, everyone loses eventually. The only way it will do him any harm is if the fight is boring.

If it's an FOTN barnstormer it's almost as good as a win for him as the rematch will sell even better.

Conor doesn't give a fuck about what you, or me, or anyone thinks about his legacy. He's just trying to sell you fights.

Conor doesn't give a fuck about what you, or me, or anyone thinks about his legacy. He's trying to sell you fights.

Of course, and I appreciate him for it. And like I said, no matter what - he'll retire on a mountain of cash.
He just lost this year though, without a belt I think he'll just take exciting big fights and bounce around - which I'm fine with.

Back