If Conor bounce back after his terrible injury

but you stated it as a fact not the general rule. In general people come back worse but rarely they come back better, probably because it makes them more committed to working harder.
Fair enough.

and win the LW belt, is he the LW GOAT?

Two times champ and one time after a terrible injury

Thats something

And what if after that he goes to WW and win the belt against Usman or any champ

All time GOAT?

Discuss
He's already the all time GOAT

This is the most important aspect in my opinion.

Plain and simple: Conor does NOT have a big enough sample size when it comes to fighting LW fighters.
Great mentions with Ferguson or RDA: it's highly debatable whether Conor would have a chance to go all through those tough opponenst, ONE AFTER THE OTHER... but even lesser fighters like Felder or Barboza went through a murderer's row at LW... frankly, I would be VERY interested to see Conor vs Barboza's opponents in a row... what would have been Conor's record...

Good call. I think results would be similar actually. Khabib beat him. Lee would’ve been
Conor is undeniably the most successful in terms of financial success, he is a marketing genius especially for his own brand and to be perfectly fair, he did win the fights that truly mattered the most and all in absolutely spectacular fashion. Knocking out arguably the greatest featherweight of all time in Jose Aldo, and the complete domination against then lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez.

IMO, Conor is going to go down (and should) go down as a great fighter who made absolute waves in the sport. But considered one of the "GOATS"? Absolutely not. Like you mentioned, there are so many other fighters more deserving of the same praise Conor is getting but isn't even getting half that.

Yup. What would’ve been really interesting is if Conor had pulled a GSP after Mayweather. Or even after Khabib.

Would have then been pretty fair to speculate if he would have gone down as one of the best ever lightweights with more octagon time. Beating Eddie around the time he beat RDA and had competitive fights with Dustin, Justin, Donald, Gilbert and Pettis. Diaz fights could have been shrugged off as one of those things (at 170, weird matchup, various joints were in balloon form at the time, tree times the size, etc.)

Coming back and getting trounced by Khabib and Dustin saved us from endless preposterous threads speculating about his greatness. (Oh, wait……)

Your threads are ridiculous. You always make some dumb hypothetical scenario, end it with "Discuss" and then I would guess get on another account and tell yourself how stupid your original post is.

I laughed out loud at the last part. But this is Sherdog, and I’m not sure what we’re doing here if we’re not here to entertain ludicrous hypotheticals.

I laughed out loud at the last part. But this is Sherdog, and I’m not sure what we’re doing here if we’re not here to entertain ludicrous hypotheticals.

I don't disagree with you but at least come back to discuss your own hypothetical.

Coming back and getting trounced by Khabib and Dustin saved us from endless preposterous threads speculating about his greatness. (Oh, wait……)

Honestly at this point, I can't tell which are trolling and having fun and which ones actually believe Conor is part of the GOAT discussions. Had he skipped Diaz entirely and beat Alvarez after beating Aldo and then going on to fight Mayweather after that and his hardcore fans might have taken over Sherdog completely.

As soon as Mcgregor lost to Porier in their 2nd fight, I was hopeful and excited for all the possible matchups Mcgregor had available. Mcgregor vs Gaethje, Chandler, Hooker and even Barboza were (and honestly still is) great matchups for him. Might have even been beneficial had he won one more fight before going into the trilogy with Porier, business wise.

Oh well.

Good call on the Barboza comparison. I think results would be similar actually. Khabib beat him. Lee at his best would have had a great shot. Tony might have gotten cracked and stopped, but when his chin was in peak condition he may have just eaten the shots the way DP did and then strangled Conor.

Barboza is pretty underrated IMO.

Honestly at this point, I can't tell which are trolling and having fun and which ones actually believe Conor is part of the GOAT discussions. Had he skipped Diaz entirely and beat Alvarez after beating Aldo and then going on to fight Mayweather after that and his hardcore fans might have taken over Sherdog completely.

As soon as Mcgregor lost to Porier in their 2nd fight, I was hopeful and excited for all the possible matchups Mcgregor had available. Mcgregor vs Gaethje, Chandler, Hooker and even Barboza were (and honestly still is) great matchups for him. Might have even been beneficial had he won one more fight before going into the trilogy with Porier, business wise.

Oh well.

Yup. I remember thinking when he was on his way up at FW that even if he ends up losing to guys like Mendes/Edgar/Aldo, we’ll have endless fun with fights against Barboza, Pettis, Cerrone, etc.

I didn’t take into account or underestimated just how much star power he was gonna have.

How could he even be a goat when he hasn't defended any titles once?

and win the LW belt, is he the LW GOAT?

Two times champ and one time after a terrible injury

Thats something

And what if after that he goes to WW and win the belt against Usman or any champ

All time GOAT?

Discuss
And what if after that he fights Ngannou, Drew McIntyre and Tyson Fury all at once becoming the UFC, WWE and Boxing heavyweight champ?

And what if he then dunks on Le Bron and single handedly beats the Italian 4x100 relay team that just won the Olympics?

And then he could jump in a boat and beat the Olympic champions in the women’s 8 from the rowing.

And jump on a bike and win the Tour devFrance.

And then win the next presidential race.

He could become the greatest human being that ever lived.

Back