If Conor beats Aldo, it might set up Conor vs Pettis!

killakillakilla

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What a sick fight Conor vs Pettis would be! Both of these fighters are technically great, prefer to stand and strike, have power and a ninja like killer instinct. They also both have alpha personalities so I think would hype the fight well. I don't think Pettis would just let Conor talk shit without getting payback.

How do ya'll see this fight going? I would predict Pettis by sub in the 3rd.

120114-anthony-pettis-launch-v2-3.jpg

conor-mcgregor-ufc-fight-night-46.jpg

Winner should get Pettis, have Edgar fight Lamas/Mendes winner for interim title

Conor said he'll move up to LW after winning the title... I don't think Dana would allow him.

But if he beats Aldo I would be very interested to see him against Pettis.

Conor said he'll move up to LW after winning the title... I don't think Dana would allow him.

He would probably have to beat Aldo twice to do that.

Conor has stated a desire to clean out the Division , so don't expect a unification bout anytime soon. Although that Cut looks like it ain't pretty for him

I would like to see that fight eventually as well.
I would have zero interest in Conor fighting Khabib though, which would be a blankiefest of the epic proportions.

If there's one dude Khabib will finish, it would be LW Conor.

I have great respect for Conor's standup abilities, but Pettis is on another planet - and he's bigger.

I really don't see it happening.

If Aldo wins, I do see him moving up because he's cleaned out the division virtually, and there's nothing in it for him or the UFC to stay. It's finally Pettis-Aldo super-fight time then.

But if McGregor wins, it opens up the division for him, and the UFC would want a marketable champ at both 145 and 155. They wouldn't want him just to weaken the champion in the division and then immediately leave. From McGregor's perspective, I doubt he'd want to win the belt, then move up to fight a contender or two first at 155, which the UFC could leverage him into doing so he stays at 145 and defends at least a few times.

The division is too reliant upon a new champion right now. If Conor wins that's another year of solid match ups for him (Mendes, Frankie, Aldo Rematch) not to mention the other contenders like Lamas, Cub, KZ etc.... He would carry that division on his back and make it a strong PPV draw.

Conor is a long, long way away from fighting a LW champion, if ever.

No way Aldo or Jones don't get a rematch if or whenever they lose. Barao got one after getting dominated.

The division is too reliant upon a new champion right now. If Conor wins that's another year of solid match ups for him (Mendes, Frankie, Aldo Rematch) not to mention the other contenders like Lamas, Cub, KZ etc.... He would carry that division on his back and make it a strong PPV draw.

Conor is a long, long way away from fighting a LW champion, if ever.

Yeah but if both Conor and Pettis are prime and healthy, i think they should just make the fight cause who knows if they'll get the opportunity again.

I think Connor vs Jose is the fight I would rather see.

Back