If Conor and Ronda were on the same card, who would headline?

SaintSoldier

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Ronda is a bigger star, but Conor is male and in a higher weight class. Who would be the main event?

Connor because he's a better fighter, a guy, brings more money, and just a better person than Ronda

Depends on who they were fighting, if Ronda was fighting Cyborg I actually think she would headline.

Unless Ronda is fighting Cyborg, she should never headline another card.

Conor would

Conor would. Rousey doesn't really need to be traditionally 'promoted' to get mainstream attention.

Assume it's Ronda/Cyborg and Conor/Aldo.

In that case it's definitely Conor/Aldo, reasons :

-Aldo is the P4P#1
-Both fights are championship fights, but Conor is also the interim champion, while Cyborg isn't holding any UFC belt
-Aldo and McGregor are 1 weight class higher ( in the UFC, it's supposed to be the higher weight-classes who main-event, unless it's a non-championship vs a championship fight)

It depends on who their opponents are. I think Cyborg vs Ronda is the biggest fight in mma right now buyrate wise. That's around 1.2-1.5 mil buys imo. Aldo-McGregor is around 900k-1.1 mil buys. Aldo couldn't draw a fly and if UFC 189 vs UFC 190 taught us anything, it's that Ronda is a bigger draw than McGregor. McGregor got a co-headline of the 170 belt with Canada's next golden boy. Ronda got 2 way past their prime ancient fossils as the co-main and was stuck with 2 TUF fights on her main card. It's Ronda if she draws Cyborg.

i would vote conor based on having fights you can enjoy watching for a good amount of time

It has already been said Conor, even if it were Cyborg. People just don't understand reality outside there little bubbles or tweets that they read. How quickly people forget the magnitude, the electricity that Conor brings and the 7.2 million he brings when he headlines. The Irish will leave as soon as he fights, you can bet your bottom dollar, even if it is Ronda...UFC learned there lesson the hard way from UFC 178.

Do people honestly think Ronda "fans" will be willing to shell out 5k a seat for a Ronda fight? Ha! The Irish will for Conor. Conor is worshippped in his country, he is not just a tabloid, troll bait, flash in the pan. Asking who serves as headliner is as silly as asking if one should eat their steak first an salad later.

Depends on who they were fighting, if Ronda was fighting Cyborg I actually think she would headline.

Oh, you actually think so? You make it sound like it wouldnt be obvious. Ronda vs Cyborg is easily the biggest fight UFC could realistically make in the near future.

Oh, you actually think so? You make it sound like it wouldnt be obvious. Ronda vs Cyborg is easily the biggest fight UFC could realistically make in the near future.

If it were Ronda/Cyborg, it would no doubt headline. That would pain many WMMA haters.

Back