If Cole Konrad didn't retire would he beat Cain Velasquez?

Cain would light him up. It would look like tyson mcneely
He's to quick and nimble for konrad.

This forum gets weirder and weirder by the day lately. Cains striking is massively better than Konrad's was, as in not in the same universe. Konrad could improve with time, but the version of Cole Konrad we saw in Bellator would get demolished by most of the top UFC HW's. As far as Konrad outwrestling Cain, in wrestling he beat him, but Cain trains with a more accomplished wrestler in Cormier already. It's not like Cain can't defend a takedown from a slower fighter in Cole Konrad.

Konrad would need to get in better shape, improve his striking drastically, improve his cardio drastically, and work on closing distance better. That's a tall order.

The guy is just trying to keep bellator in the forums and creates any wild thread with "bellator" in it to populate the message board with bellator topics.

Eg: "What if bellator had a time machine and the went back and started before the UFC?"

"If Bjorn Rebney from Bellator could fight Dana White who would win?"

"If you could name your first child Bellator would you?"

"Can Bellator cure AIDS?"

Take off the zuffa goggles bro and check out that article I just posted. He already beat Cain 4 out of 5 times in amateur wrestling and pat Barry said he's basically a 300 lb Cain. He can't push the pace like that when he's flat on his back in guard and Cole isn't gassing after the first round.
And in their last bout Konrad was running & stalling. In a MMA fight they aren't going to be getting into a collar & elbow tie or over & under. And there isn't a 2nd & 3rd period to choose starting position.
Konrad wasn't much for shooting open takedowns - singles, doubles & Hi Cs in college wrestling.
Velasquez is quicker on his feet and better at standup. But if Konrad gets hold of him or up against the fence, I'd say it is a big edge to Konrad. Really comes down to which fighter can control the distance.

LOL please stop. Cain would tire Konrad out very quickly, then finish him inside 2.

The guy is just trying to keep bellator in the forums and creates any wild thread with "bellator" in it to populate the message board with bellator topics.

Eg: "What if bellator had a time machine and the went back and started before the UFC?"

"If Bjorn Rebney from Bellator could fight Dana White who would win?"

"If you could name your first child Bellator would you?"

"Can Bellator cure AIDS?"

Cole vs Cain is a legitimate question. Those threads you mentioned are totally exaggerated and I've never made anything close to that. And as far as creating threads with bellator in it to populate message boards, it's a worldwide mma discussion message board. Thats what people are here to discuss.

Konrad wouldve ate pure Velasquez leather

When Konrad retired, he cruelly deprived the world's insomniacs of a cure.

The UFC would make him face Cormier before Cain, and Cormier would beat him back into retirement with much better wrestling, much better cardio and much better striking.

Cole vs Cain is a legitimate question. Those threads you mentioned are totally exaggerated and I've never made anything close to that. And as far as creating threads with bellator in it to populate message boards, it's a worldwide mma discussion message board. Thats what people are here to discuss.

For anyone with eyes and brain, this IS NOT a legitimate question. If Cole hadn't already retired... Cain would retire him. Your Bellator obsession is becoming more and more insane.

This thread belongs in the Wasteland under Fantasy Match Ups.

Last edited:
I've thought that all along and if Kongo ever got a rematch I think he might have a good chance at Cain also.

Cain bothers me with that hold em against the cage shit. Has he ever been seperated for that shit or does he get a free pass?

Either way I could see Cain winning and I could See Konrad winning, I'd sat Cole has a better chance tho. Thats just how I see it.

Bigger guy, Better wrestling, Chin seems good, Hand aren't as good as Cains tho.

Either way it'll never happen

Yes he's bigger and has better wrestling. Problem is... in an MMA fight, he'd never even be able to get his hands on Cain. Konrad is extremely SLOW. Cain would knock him out inside a round.

I've thought that all along and if Kongo ever got a rematch I think he might have a good chance at Cain also.

Cain bothers me with that hold em against the cage shit. Has he ever been seperated for that shit or does he get a free pass?

He doesn't do it with everyone. Just JDS (and also Kongo from what I remember) He ran through Brock, Bigfoot & Big Nog in brutal fashion without having to do that.

I agree it's not the most fun to watch. Still, it's a smart move against a guy that hits like JDS.

Bombers bro, Jesus Christ. Stop son, stop.

Back