If CM Punk wins...

cheezum

@purple
Reaction score
...and it's a massive IF, but if he does, what does it say about MMA? the fact that a 36 year old decent athlete can grind training for two years and be competitive in supposedly the top promotion/level of MMA would not make the sport look good.

...and it's a massive IF, but if he does, what does it say about MMA? the fact that a 36 year old decent athlete can grind training for two years and be competitive in supposedly the top promotion/level of MMA would not make the sport look good.

He's beating a 2-0 guy. This whole fight is a joke.

Well, it's not like he's fightng a top 20 guy with loads of experence.

I don't see him winning, but if he does, it's not lke he wrecked some high level MMA guy.

well firstly,they are putting him against a guy who wouldnt be in the ufc either,under these circumstances...secondly he is being offered top training and considerations that no one else would get,and there is probably alot of other things discussed that none of us would ever know. The sport has a long history of tough men with little martial arts experience being given the oppurtunity to get in there..but rarely other than HW,so yeah its weird,it might be a bad idea,who knows? but CM punk beating a guy whose only had two fights wont be the end of the world. He's had 2 years to prepare for this.

It´ll be VERY intradesting to see the PPV numbers on that event! Or is it a free event?

I think the more important question is: If CM Punk wins, who on earth does he fight next? A guy that isn't 2-0? Will they bring in someone else to fight him? I mean his options at that low tier on the roster now (in terms of UFC record, not skill or what I think of them) of 170 include Dominic Waters, Anton Zafir, Jonavin Webb, Edgar Garcia, Enrique Marin, Other Dong Hyun Kim, Adam Khaliev (haaa), Sultan Aliev, Nathan Coy, Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos, Alessio Di Chirico, and Bojan Velickovic. I don't know if any of those fights would make sense.

As unlikely as it is that he'll have any significant accomplishments, like a title run or something, I'm actually rooting for the guy. Screw the haters.

The guy came from the rough world of pro wrestling,he coulda done something easy,and probably doesnt need the money.

Punk can't really win either way, if by some chance he gets the victory a ton of people are going to scream "work". And people outside the fans are going to question the legitimacy of the sport.

all it would say is that cm punk is an exceptional athlete

All I know, is that if CM Punk wins, there will be people coming out of the word work on here claiming GOAT status and that they predicted this many moons ago.

Some of you are trying to make this way more meaningful that it is. I don’t know who the guy is, but apparently he’s pretty popular and they’re giving him a shot to test himself. In turn, he’ll attract some viewers. It’s not hard to figure out, and not worth the stupid threads about it every day.

Punk can't really win either way, if by some chance he gets the victory a ton of people are going to scream "work". And people outside the fans are going to question the legitimacy of the sport.

sakuraba was pro-wrestler who went to mma. I am comparing sakuraba to cm punk.

giant silva wen 2-5. ohaire went 4-2 in mma, Bautista beat a guy with 40 mma fights.

so idk why people care now

alberto del rio went 9 and 5

Back