If Chris Lytle was still fighting...

You can! It's UFC 45 Revolution I believe.

And I'd like to see Lytle stay retired. Between his 4 kids, being a firefighter, chasing a politics dream, and being inactive all this time he wouldn't be shaking up the division. He has nothing left to prove in the MMA world and he retired in style.

lol, i agree

Ofcourse yes and he must be a hall of fame for sure

Lytle is very good and obviously has great fights but top 10 WW is pushing it - WW is uber talent rich.

Hadnt seen this shit in years. It was a great fight and I agree with the judges considering I liked Lytle more and still at this time. Diaz is my other favorite at the weight class. The scrambles were great and I give props to both of them. Its funny how they both chose to be complete ground artists that only want to stand.

He could break it for sure. Would he who knows. Top 5 though? No

I don't think so. He's taken a lot of punishment throughout his career, and I'm not sure how much more he could've taken. If he were still fighting he'd probably have gotten knocked out by now in a fashion which makes you think he should retire before he really fucks up his brain. He would've kept being entertaining, yes, and he might've been able to get into the top 15, but I don't think he would've made it into the top 10.

It really sucks, cuz' if the doctor hadn't stopped the fight cuz've the cut, there's a good chance he would've beaten Alves and have made it into (or at least close to) the top 10 and been a contender.

Back