if chael wins?????

If Chael wins Sherdog might actually delete itself with how fucked up the servers would be.

OK, think about this for a second... Chael utterly dominates Silva for 4.5 rounds the first fight, and for the majority of their second fight as well. Going up in weight simply makes for more dramatic results, as it makes Silva's strikes more powerful, as well as Chael's wrestling. It also (slightly) slows them both down, which would probably be more of an advantage to Chael, but that is conjecture. Either way Chael showed that he has a decent chance at beating Silva at 185 (even though I bet on Silva 4 out of 5 times). At 205 if anything a slight advantage would likely be had for Chael. I still think Silva wins, but don't be so ignorant about it.

The point of the other guy was not that Chael is unstoppable at 205, it was simply that his TD's and wrestling would be much harder for Silva to deal with, and he has ALREADY struggled against Sonnen. That doesnt mean he beats everyone at 205

Well I was just going to answer him but you did a great job. Yes, cheal almost beat silva in their first fight and did well against silva in the first round of their second fight. At 205 he would be at his natural weight class, Cheal cuts alot of weight to make MW.

At 205 cheal would be fighting as his regular weight and yes he would come into the cage significantly larger and has the wrestling and power to put Anderson on the ground for significant amounts of time and cheal can wrestle for 5 rounds. We all know Silvas weaknesses which tend to be TDD and wrestling based.

No one said cheal would win but it would be a tough fight for Silva against a much larger Cheal at 205.

Last edited:
That would be kind of hilarious if Chael somehow gets lucky and wins, only to have AS take the belt from him by finishing him a third time.

Master Segal would be thrilled.

Sonnen is hoping for 12-6 elbows. Silva would still want to fight GSP more.

if chael wins pretty much every light heavyweight "legend" gets discredited

Probably would, they could run that fight back at LHW, Chael would have a new stick that they are at his weight class now, people would buy in, and it would do near a million buys.

at least we know chael will be training hard as ever as it is his last chance for a belt we know that he will be the first fighter to come at jones and his trt will be 5:1

OK, think about this for a second... Chael utterly dominates Silva for 4.5 rounds the first fight, and for the majority of their second fight as well.

Think about this for a second. Silva proved twice that all he needs is one single moment in a five round fight in which he is not being dominated to finish chael. It doesn't matter what weight they fight at. One is clearly the superior fighter.

[WITH_TEETH];77381267 said:
Chael will be lucky if he gets out of the fight without a terrible injury. I think he's going to get hurt bad.

Jones tends to cut and submit his opponents. I think Chael loses, I don't think Chael gets injured.

Back