If Cerrone wins this weekend...

Liddells Gut

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
He will have the 11th most wins in UFC history and this is all in just under 4 years.
He already has more UFC wins than lightweight stalwarts B.J. Penn and Frankie Edgar.

Where do you see him ending in terms of all time wins? Do you think he will be considered among the UFC greats when he hangs up his gloves?

I don't see him among the greats, but in the next tier.

Should he win its an instant shoe in for JBG Sainthood, even a hard fought loss may anoint him.

being game and exciting doesn't get you into the HOF, otherwise chris lytle would be in there

he has to win a title to be in there, or at least make a good show of himself in perhaps a couple of different title shots... he'll be remembered as game, exciting and able to give anyone in the division a fight but in terms of HOF or all time greats, gold speaks the loudest

IMO gotta hold a belt to be a great. If he beats Benson then Pettis he can be considered.

Man I like Bendo, but Cerrone's momentum is awesome right now. Love the guy, can't root against him at all. I want Cerrone to get the next shot, no matter who it is he gets a chance at making up for a loss.

He racks up the wins, but loses against Superstars like Benson Henderson and Anthony Pettis. Sunday will be no different. Cerrone is the Kenny Florian of the division.

being game and exciting doesn't get you into the HOF, otherwise chris lytle would be in there

he has to win a title to be in there, or at least make a good show of himself in perhaps a couple of different title shots... he'll be remembered as game, exciting and able to give anyone in the division a fight but in terms of HOF or all time greats, gold speaks the loudest

Maybe. I wonder if all of the fight bonuses that he earns might give him extra cred with the UFC brass, though. He's like a better Lauzon, and maybe that's enough.

He should be a Hall-of-Famer in the future, whether he wins a title or not. The guy has fought virtually everyone, and has ALWAYS put on a show. He never coasts or comes to just eek out a decision. He is a warrior.

Maybe. I wonder if all of the fight bonuses that he earns might give him extra cred with the UFC brass, though. He's like a better Lauzon, and maybe that's enough.

he's on the same number as Lytle and he's not in... though i guess he's still got more time at the top to topple that record so perhaps he could get through on that basis

Unfortunately, that's not the case with the UFC. Stephan Bonnar and Forrest Griffin come to mind.

I think Cerrone is a blast to watch. But as of right now, he's not a HOF fighter. He's never really been that close to a title shot. He has lost to the top guys fairly consistently. I would love it if he could turn that corner though. Not many guys have his heart.

well bonnar and griffin might not be the most talented guys in the HOF but one was a champ and they were both involved in the most important fight in UFC history... perhaps they're in the UFC by pure dumb luck.. a one round knockout for either guy would've had them drift into relative obscurity but... i think they probably do deserve to be there

I think he could end up in the HOF even if he never gets a belt. He's the perfect example of why and how fighters should fight frequently, and I think if he continues this trend his name recognition will skyrocket. I bet more casuals know him than Cain Velasquez for example, and always being ready to fight like him is what all fighters should strive for.

Unfortunately I don't see Cerrone ever winning a title, but if he ends his career with 20+ wins and 15 bonuses then I would find it hard for to UFC to deny him HOF status.

Unfortunately, that's not the case with the UFC. Stephan Bonnar and Forrest Griffin come to mind.

I think Cerrone is a blast to watch. But as of right now, he's not a HOF fighter. He's never really been that close to a title shot. He has lost to the top guys fairly consistently. I would love it if he could turn that corner though. Not many guys have his heart.

Forrest won gold, but he and Bonnar are special cases. Based solely on one fight that made the UFC. Two people whose shining moment was so important they get the hall of fame.

Back