If Cejudo avenges his loss against Benavidez, will he be the flyweight GOAT?

It's amazing how one can go from the longest title defense streak in the UFC (11) to being considered as overthrown instantly as soon as another guy gets his first defense.

Even if you think DJ's opponents weren't worth shit, and a win over TJ is better than all of them, you must consider how important longevity is when naming the GOAT.
Two title wins in a short time can never trump 11 title fights over many years.

Also consider that DJ's record will always be somewhat underrated - since he never had the opportunity to beat a flyweight champ, like Cejudo did.
The only way that DJ could've beaten a respected flyweight would be if he lost his title and won the rematch. (Like if he returned now)
i think dj's resume has looked a little better in hindsight seeing as horiguchi is killing it in japan. that win def looks better than it did 1-2 years ago.

So one specific action (or inaction) negates all this?

C_exObyWsAIE9T_.0.jpg
Well I never had him any the GOAT discussion to start with so I'm not sure what it would negate and yes it absolutely showed him up as a guy who'd rather fight guys he'd previously beaten then run the risk of fighting Dillashaw.

i think dj's resume has looked a little better in hindsight seeing as horiguchi is killing it in japan. that win def looks better than it did 1-2 years ago.
Horiguchi is the man. Love that guy and wish he could face Cejudo.

he didnt duck him, he wanted more money. How you gonna be a goat over a guy who is the longest champ, you are 1-1 against him and your win was super close while he destroyed you just cause you beat a guy he didnt fight
He wanted an unrealistic amount of money, ergo he ducked him. I never remotely said Henry was GOAT and on his current resume DJ is the 125 pound GOAT but I explicitly said he shouldn't be in the discussion for P4P Goat, and I'd argue if Henry goes up to 135 and wins the belt he'd be higher in P4P discussion then DJ.

That "unrealistic money" became a reality with his new contract with One.
Yes very smart decision from all sides. DJ gets the money he wants to fight cans and One was happy to pay over the odds. The UFC particularly if it decides to cull the 125 division was happy to let him go for Askren. Win Win. The fact remains the marketplace dictates your worth and DJ simply wasn't worth what he was asking for to fight Dillashaw. Henry likely received less than DJ asked for yet now has a legitimate claim to fight for a second title and potentially become a 2 weight champ and ensure he'll get paid what DJ originally requested plus I'd imagine a significant amount more.

Yes very smart decision from all sides. DJ gets the money he wants to fight cans and One was happy to pay over the odds. The UFC particularly if it decides to cull the 125 division was happy to let him go for Askren. Win Win. The fact remains the marketplace dictates your worth and DJ simply wasn't worth what he was asking for to fight Dillashaw. Henry likely received less than DJ asked for yet now has a legitimate claim to fight for a second title and potentially become a 2 weight champ and ensure he'll get paid what DJ originally requested plus I'd imagine a significant amount more.
Marketplace dictates your worth and One decided DJ was worth a lot. He's getting paid more now than Henry ever will in UFC. Something like 10 million dollars.

Henry got completely financially shafted by UFC on this Dillashaw fight btw. I hope he's able to negotiate something decent going forward though. Probably 250-300k.

Last edited:
Well I never had him any the GOAT discussion to start with so I'm not sure what it would negate and yes it absolutely showed him up as a guy who'd rather fight guys he'd previously beaten then run the risk of fighting Dillashaw.

He appeared to be worried that Dillashaw wouldn't make the weight which would have been a headache for his situation. People are crapping on DJ for not being able to see the future, lol

Beating 2 super legit opponents >Defending against 11 cans.

The in discussion out and out goat just got shown the fuck up for ducking a guy Cejudo finished in 1 round. GTFOH with MM being in any overall GOAT conversation.

You’re an idiot if you think MM ducked a guy who fights at the same weight class he’s fought half of his career at.

People are so stupid they let their hate blind them from reality.

Fkin hell
Every card, someone becomes the goat or potential goat...

NO
DJ is flyweight goat by a country mile, he's also in discussion as out and out goat.
Gtfoh
This. I hate this weekly GOAT shit.

He wanted an unrealistic amount of money, ergo he ducked him. I never remotely said Henry was GOAT and on his current resume DJ is the 125 pound GOAT but I explicitly said he shouldn't be in the discussion for P4P Goat, and I'd argue if Henry goes up to 135 and wins the belt he'd be higher in P4P discussion then DJ.
except he isnt....one fight doesnt mean he has proven himself in the 135 nor does it equal years of domination.

Lol fuck no. Some of you are insane. Mighty Mouse never gets any respect on here and it's hard to understand why. 13 fight winning streak, which included seven finishes. He has a violent first round stoppage of Cejudo not that long ago. He has GSP like stats for his weight class. Honestly beyond gsp.

Then he loses the belt in a super narrow split decision a lot of people thought he won, and people are are already overlooking him.

<{hughesimpress}>

Not sure that he is getting past Benavidez.

Back