If Carwin didn't retire.

It's a shame we never got to see Nelson vs Carwin. I would've loved to see Carwin destroy Nelson.

I would have loved to see him vs soa palelei

His striking was not that good. People here mix up good striking with big power. Neil Wain was easily beating him standing.

How high could he be ranked in the HW division currently? I was really high on Carwin and was one of my favorite HW and I thought for sure he'd run thru Brock (which he did, but gassed bad). With that being said, I think Carwin (in his prime before injuries) beats everyone except Cain and JDS. Werdum would be a toss-up, depending if Werdum can survive round 1.

0b4.jpg

this, I think he would beat cain early, hes a terrible match up for him, but jds is a bad match up for him, lesnar has he taken it seriously would have been the best, he has the reach of bones jones, the speed n power of melvin maneoff, the strength of pudzanoski, the chin of nelson, and could have easily been a hw gsp with ko power

Rofl Brock really didn't have a single one of those things. His reach advantage is not comparable to Jones even if their reach had the same measurements, as for the rest? Well :rolleyes:

You guys saying bottom top 10 are funny. Carwin was undefeated for the first five years of his career, two of those years in the UFC. Almost all of his wins were vicious knockouts in the first 2 minutes.

I like Brock and I think he was severely under-rated by poseur MMA n00bs who like to pretend that they're knowledgeable about the sport by bashing him however Carwin destroyed Brock and only lost because he punched himself out. In his next fight he lost a DECISION to JDS. Carwin destroyed one former champion, almost beat another, and lost to a third by decision. If he were still fighting today and didn't have injury problems he would be top 5 without a doubt. In fact he would be a very dangerous match-up for Cain stylistically...

With the current emphasis on drug testing Carwin would be a shadow of his former self.

If we're talking a Carwin that still performs at his peak after all the injuries, he'd have been an easy top ten staple and probably a fan favorite. Power, heart, and chin for days.

Carwin injury free?

Yeah, he could have still been top 5, I think. The usual suspects would have beaten him: Cain, JDS, probably Werdum as well. But I reckon that if fit and healthy he could have handled Browne, Barnett, BF and maybe 'Reem too.

Too bad he was always injured, really.

he has the reach of bones jones, the speed n power of melvin maneoff, the strength of pudzanoski, the chin of nelson, and could have easily been a hw gsp with ko power

And he works at Daily Planet.

You guys saying bottom top 10 are funny. Carwin was undefeated for the first five years of his career, two of those years in the UFC. Almost all of his wins were vicious knockouts in the first 2 minutes.

I like Brock and I think he was severely under-rated by poseur MMA n00bs who like to pretend that they're knowledgeable about the sport by bashing him however Carwin destroyed Brock and only lost because he punched himself out. In his next fight he lost a DECISION to JDS. Carwin destroyed one former champion, almost beat another, and lost to a third by decision. If he were still fighting today and didn't have injury problems he would be top 5 without a doubt. In fact he would be a very dangerous match-up for Cain stylistically...

Bottom top 10 is about right. Watch his fight with Neil Wain. He had insane power but lacked technique.

Carwin's back is shot. Dude lost all mobility. If he hadn't retired, he would have ended up looking like that Eric Prindle guy from Bellator. If his back was somehow magically fixed, he might still have been a top 10 guy.

He'd be 3-9 until age started getting him...which it may have before he retired, and certainly would by now.

Depends on injuries. If his back wasn't fucked up I'd say he'd still be top 10. Granite jaw, huge KO power, long reach, strong as fuck and solid wrestling.

This, it all would depend on his injuries and health. If he could fight healthy, then I would say top 10.

Back