If Carwin didn't retire.

I was prett butthurt his fight against Nelson never happen. He would struggle obviously against Cain, JDS and I would favor Overeem over him if he fought smart but I think he would KO guys like Browne and Hunt and probably tko big country.

I always had the impression Dana hated Carwin after the Brock fight. He made his golden boy look like a can, and then made himself look like an amateur by gassing out and losing.

I think carwin would have been cain's kryptonite. Its a real shame we never got to see that matchup.

Well it's not so much a matter of if he didn't retire but more if he'd stayed healthy. If he'd stayed healthy I think he could of been champ if hed gotten the right match ups. If not I'd give him a chance against any top 10 today and I'd favor him over a lot.

And if I had wheels I'd be a wagon.

Top 5? He beat Frank Mir, who wasn't that good, and that's pretty much it. Anyone in here actually watch him fight? He never showed the ability to fight past 2 minutes. Hell, he'd probably lose Roy Nelson.

It's so funny when you read non athletically inclined people deride the accomplishments of actual athletes from behind their keyboards.

Thanks for the chuckle.

It's so funny when you read non athletically inclined people deride the accomplishments of actual athletes from behind their keyboards.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Carwin doesn't need your pathetic attempt at being a white knight. SMH at people who put pro athletes up on a pedestal and think they're above criticism.

I think Carwin would of lost to DC but DC is a LHW so it doesnt matter and Carwin would beat Bigfoot Barnett Browne and Overreem

Carwin doesn't need your pathetic attempt at being a white knight. SMH at people who put pro athletes up on a pedestal and think they're above criticism.

It's not that at all. Pardon me it sounded trite but true. Granted he sacrificed strength for speed and cardio and went the full 3 with Dos Santos DESPITE the massive damage he had inflicted on him by those sledge hammers Dos Santos calls fists. He also did not gas out and kept a more passive defense going once Dos Santos took him down.

I'm pointing out he did redeem himself and take his training regimen in a NEW direction which is good. He went too far but had he fought again it would have been interesting. It's too bad he was older when he started.

His back was just toast. It's amazing he made it as far in the sport as he did with a shot back. He fought as long as he could.

IF he had competed in his athletic prime or his peak he would have MAULED just about anyone. It was not just his strength but the way he turned his hip into the punch. He had good form and with his power he could change a fight with one punch.

There really was not as heavy a handed fighter as Carwin (IMO) in the HW division ever, aside from people that could kick. He could ruin you with a cross right. He didn't have the best boxing skills, but the man was a MONSTER. He had decent wrestling, ok boxing but really good dirty boxing, uppercuts and elbows. It's too bad he never fought Cain. Cain would have cardioid him to death unless Carwin caught him early.

limited to just hitting people really hard on the off chance would not get you as far in today's HW division imo.

Esp when the strikeforce guys got bought up.

I'd love to watch Carwin KO Hapa.

he could beat a lot of dudes aside from the very best, but he could also lose to plenty of guys because his style is very limited. I could see a guy like Arlovski move around him, but he could also KO him. Or Overeem make him miss & kick him from a distance until he gasses. Or like with Gonzaga, that he gets put away before landing that 1 shot that ends it for him. He could be top 5, but also top 10-15.

Top 10. Maaaybe fringe top 5.

He isn't and never was that good. Didn't do anything Bret Rogers didn't do. Don't see why he is hailed so much.

He would struggle against anybody with decent cardio, striking defence and a solid chin. His biggest win is Frank Mir who is the ultimate gate keeper..the division has a lot more depth since he has left. The guys boxing was pretty simple.

Back