If Carwin didn't retire.

EvanSullivan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
How high could he be ranked in the HW division currently? I was really high on Carwin and was one of my favorite HW and I thought for sure he'd run thru Brock (which he did, but gassed bad). With that being said, I think Carwin (in his prime before injuries) beats everyone except Cain and JDS. Werdum would be a toss-up, depending if Werdum can survive round 1.

He'd be top 10 material based upon chin and his power alone, such is the nature of the HW division, He would struggle with the top 5 no doubt.

Top 10, potential top 5.

One of my favorite HW's ever.

Man can KO anyone, just had cardio issues and a limited overall game. Had good hands, great chin, solid wrestling and vicious KO power though.

What do you mean if he didn't retire? If he chose not to retire then his back still would have been fucked

Depends on injuries. If his back wasn't fucked up I'd say he'd still be top 10. Granite jaw, huge KO power, long reach, strong as fuck and solid wrestling.

He would have been cut anyway. The man couldn't stay off the injured list and when he could he was tied up in some PED scandal. I honestly think he would have been phased out fast, or at very least dispatched by one of the SF crossovers. Probably DC or Barnett.

Out of the top 5 he would probably beat Bigfoot and no one else... he'd be bottom top ten.

Healthy Carwin would easily be a top-5 HW today. I mean you just had Travis Browne fighting for a title shot ffs

He would have been cut anyway. The man couldn't stay off the injured list and when he could he was tied up in some PED scandal. I honestly think he would have been phased out fast, or at very least dispatched by one of the SF crossovers. Probably DC or Barnett.

Carwin would have murdered Barnett.

How high could he be ranked in the HW division currently? I was really high on Carwin and was one of my favorite HW and I thought for sure he'd run thru Brock (which he did, but gassed bad). With that being said, I think Carwin (in his prime before injuries) beats everyone except Cain and JDS. Werdum would be a toss-up, depending if Werdum can survive round 1.

Umm, no. He had a 2 minute gas tank. He would be somewhere around 9 or 10.

Top 5 would be my guess.

I would've liked to see him fight DC or Barnett before back injury of course. styles make fights and I think his was a bad match up for them. I think he beats dc and Barnett IMO if he stayed off the fence with DC, Barnett landed clean on DC a cpl times and if carwin landed one or two that's a wrap, same with Barnett, Barnett wouldn't take him down and DC cracked him a lot with clean strikes in their fight, SO again if carwin touched Barnet the same way it would've been good night, He was literally the definition of One punch KO power, Power like his doesn't come very often, I wish the gas tank would've went with it though. Plus he started MMA pretty late if I remember correctly. I can remember everyone saying when they were sitting cage side and carwin was laying down ground and pound they could feel the power of strikes in the floor under their seat.

I think he would always struggle with JDS and Stipe. He has a chance against Cain if he can catch him in the first round. Werdum might be tough too. Top 5, basically.

Top 5? He beat Frank Mir, who wasn't that good, and that's pretty much it. Anyone in here actually watch him fight? He never showed the ability to fight past 2 minutes. Hell, he'd probably lose Roy Nelson.

Back