If Cannonier Wins, Is The Narrative Automatically That Whittaker Is Washed???

That seems to be what I'm seeing around here and from the media pundits. That Whittaker is better and should win but he might not be the same so Jared could win.

I think this is pretty unfair to Jared, not that he gives a fuck as long as he gets a title shot. Still I'm not buying the narrative. People NEVER acknowledge the fact that Whittaker's best wins were against two guys who were older at the time than Cannonier is now, and they were a lot more battle worn as well regardless of their rankings at the time.

People think Cannonier is a lesser Romero but they are completely different stylistically. If he dogs Whittaker people need to recognize the man has skills. His win over The Joker should have let you know he's a threat.

I love Bobby Knucks but don’t see how he makes it out of this one. Don’t mean he’s washed, Cannonier will test Izzy as well. Not sure if Izzy survives this dude. Not only is he a great fighter, but he is fuckin wack too. Got that Ferguson vibe imo. I hope bob wins but not betting on him.

It depends on how he loses. He didn't have an amazing performance against Till, although I had him clearly winning that one.
Unless Rob would have come out and smoked Till right off the bat, I think Darren's style would always make it difficult for Whittaker to look amazing.

At the same time, I feel that was the perfect fight to get him back in his groove and I expect him to look even better against Jared.p

I think there is reason to question where Rob is at right now. His career hasn't been smooth sailing, to say the least, and this fight tells us if he's still a top guy or if he's on the way out. Even if he loses, if it's a competitive fight, he could still be a top guy. But if it's ugly, his days at the top are over.

Or he could win so emphatically that he gets the next MW title shot

But that's what this fight is really about

I got a feeling Rob is gonna TKO Cannon tomorrow, he's much faster.

he fought nothing but straight murderers, dude been through battles ofc his not the same.

Yeah I mean we gotta discredit Izzy’s wins

I mean. I’ve thought Robert has been on the way out for a couple fights now personally.

Depends on how, if he wins a decision no, but KO then people will talk about it since Robert has taken a lot damage and chin might be affected.
But both Rob and Jared are heavy hitters who only need one clean shot to end a fight. I could see either one getting starched in the first round and not think any less of them.

That seems to be what I'm seeing around here and from the media pundits. That Whittaker is better and should win but he might not be the same so Jared could win.

I think this is pretty unfair to Jared, not that he gives a fuck as long as he gets a title shot. Still I'm not buying the narrative. People NEVER acknowledge the fact that Whittaker's best wins were against two guys who were older at the time than Cannonier is now, and they were a lot more battle worn as well regardless of their rankings at the time.

People think Cannonier is a lesser Romero but they are completely different stylistically. If he dogs Whittaker people need to recognize the man has skills. His win over The Joker should have let you know he's a threat.

No ...i dont think theres any shame in losing to cannonieer at this point the guys on rise...

But even if whittaker loses i still like his chances against the rest of the division

I’m very excited for this one. I think Jared C is a dark horse of the division.

No way, Cannonier is a beast and he's on a roll at the moment. This is a tough fight. Whittaker could lose this one then beat another top ranked guy and he's right back up there.

No ...i dont think theres any shame in losing to cannonieer at this point the guys on rise...

But even if whittaker loses i still like his chances against the rest of the division
Agreed

I don't agree. Khazmat is not ranked while Jared is.

If Khazmat loses, the consensus is that a guy with 9 fights is too green and bit off more than he could chew.

Jared is ranked the highest he has ever been.

You don't have to agree. That's the beautiful part of being a human. We all have our opinions...

I was being kind of sarcastic in a sense...when you read half the stuff on Sherdog. It was a generalization towards what is posted here. There are sooooo many people on Khazmat's tip thinking he is the Holy Grail but when he loses he was overhyped and not that good.

You don't have to agree. That's the beautiful part of being a human. We all have our opinions...

I was being kind of sarcastic in a sense...when you read half the stuff on Sherdog. It was a generalization towards what is posted here. There are sooooo many people on Khazmat's tip thinking he is the Holy Grail but when he loses he was overhyped and not that good.

I can just see the hamzat was never my friend threads after leons done with him

I can just see the hamzat was never my friend threads after leons done with him

We will probably see a lot of them. And I am not shitting on Khamzat, he could very well be the next big thing. Fun watching new guys manhandle their opponents...

Honestly it is hard to deny he has some wear and tear on him, he also has suffered a bunch of injuries, still young so maybe his recovery is incredible but still... <mma1>
A close loss vsCannonier, at the very least would prove that he can still hang against the best.
If he gets blasted, it's time to take a step down and try to reinvent his game.
He wins and he has a serious case for a title shot, Robbie does not fuck around. :meow:

Back