If Cain wins tonight, what would you think of JDS?

Cain's hands are slower. But otherwise, Cain has a faster pace, especially after the first round.

I'm not so sure about Cain's hands being slower. JDS is the better boxer but Cain throws pretty fast in his own right.

Don't be mad homey ... it infuriates u ? We are all letters and numbers to each other.. Relax brah .

btw-: Cain got exposed by jds. he's out of my top 10 for sure.

Stupid posts such as these are incredibly annoying, especially when you consider the sheer bulk of them on Sherdog. So I can't say I really blame the guy.

I'm not so sure about Cain's hands being slower. JDS is the better boxer but Cain throws pretty fast in his own right.

I think the difference is JDS' movement. Cain has fast hands like you said, but JDS is able to get in out, covering a lot of ground in a short period of time.

That he is the number 2 HW in the world.

People really underrate Cain around here because of how the 1st fight went. I know alotta people have made threads about this, but what if Cain wins tonight?

How about this, he not only wins, but he outstrikes JDS & out grapples him & eventually TKO's him. What would you guys think of JDS?

JDS gets alotta love & I don't blame him, I love JDS, he's humble & has a sick killer instinct. But Cain's a beast too, a beast that's been long forgotten due to injury & losing the title in his first defense.

If Cain wins tonight, I see a 3rd fight happening later down the line. But I'm not gonna count JDS out at all 'cause JDS is the only man to ever beat him.

But what would your thoughts be in this situation?

the rubber match would happen right away imo. outside of Reem who else is there at HW that can draw attendance and ppv buys? Cormier? Not a lot of casual fans know him so you would think he would have to have one or two fights just to build the hype up for a title fight with him in it.

In fact even if JDS wins, again outside of Reem who is there? Hence why this rematch is happening. lest we forget that the first fight was 64 seconds that ended in a KO.

The HW division isn't as strong as some people believe. You have JDS and Cain. There is always a question mark with Reem. Cormier hasn't fought in the UFC. Lessy is gone. Mir is Mir. Werdum is good but has lost to JDS and Reem. Nelson loses every time he steps up in competition.

The problem with JDS as champ is that he had a lot of fights before he got a shot, so he has beaten most of the division before being champ. So he will have to have rematches.

He beat in no particular order before his title shot:
Werdum
Nelson
Carwin
Gonzaga
Struve

Then he beat Cain. Then Mir. If he wins tonight and then beats Reem then what? Cormier? If he comes in and A, gets an immediate shot or B, runs the table. He would have cleaned out the division and mostly before he even became the champ.

It's not like the division is crawling with amazing prospects.

Sorry for the rant guys.

I think the difference is JDS' movement. Cain has fast hands like you said, but JDS is able to get in out, covering a lot of ground in a short period of time.

and Cain doesnt have an iron chin. forget the JDS KO, look what Kongo did to him. wobbled him a couple times.

I like Cain but I dont see him winning. I say round two tko

I would think he's an excellent heavyweight and a great representative of the sport who would be back and continue causing major problems for everyone in the division. No shame in Cain losing to JDS, no shame in JDS losing to Cain. They're the premier dudes in the division

he's still a boss. he'd have a good chance in a rematch, and he should be a favorite over most other hw's.

It depends on how fast and if it went many rounds and back and forth. A win is a win and when 2 heavyweights collide it is clearly the main event of the evening. :D People will say it was the knee in the 1st match and eventually UFC would be able to set up a 3rd mathup in the future. I just hope this fight is a good one. If it ends quick man that would suck.

That is he done and past his prime.

No wait, that is what the average Sherdogger would think not me.

JDS would be written off as second-rate by the same retards currently doing it to Cain.

I'm pulling hard for Velasquez to win, the way he's been written off is borderline comical.

Lol so true. And then in the rematch they'l say JDS has no chance. If he loses again, say to cormier, then he will become an official gatekeeper until his next win.

Not my opinion btw, but its not that big a deal for a fighter to lose. They are still just as good but things might not have gone their way.

I was trying to ignite your short fuse by underrating your Mexican hero...

have him at 3... :)

haha good try tho! :D

I am rooting for both JDS and Cain. It's a tough fight for me. Both are class acts in and out of octagon. I want Cain to win more because he's the underdog

JDS would be written off as second-rate by the same retards currently doing it to Cain.

I'm pulling hard for Velasquez to win, the way he's been written off is borderline comical.

My thoughts exactly.

I think Cain will win, but I would not be surprised if JDS does, but I like both guys and my thoughts will not be dependent on the fight tonight.

I would still consider him a very skilled fighter with a great list of wins and the #2 HW in the world

I would think he got beat by the better man tonight... just like Cain got beat by the better man last time.

They are both very good.

I would not think less of Junior.

Back