If Cain wins the rematch, will Werdum get his?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Modern, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Modern

Modern Blue Belt

If Werdum loses, does he get to fight Cain again to close out the trilogy or he has to wait in line.

2. esalmighty

esalmighty Purple Belt

They will probably fire Werdum and make a rematch with JDS..
    *THE FIGHT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR* will be the headline

3. orlandod

orlandod Green Belt

Well, anything can happen. But I don't think Werdum gets an immediate rematch, they don't like him the way they like Cain you know.

4. LiveFreeorDie

LiveFreeorDie Gun Belt

Only if he becomes a Mexican immigrant and changed his nombre to Juan Valdez. Of course, illegal immigration is unacceptable to Mexican authorities and he would be immediately arrested and deported.

5. Ragnarocker

Ragnarocker Banned Banned

They'd need to do the third fight at a middle elevation so it's fair to all parties. Just kidding, elevation and ring rust is real, Cain should have prepared better but we'll see a different Cain in the rematch. Still want Werdoom to win but it will be closer than their first fight.

6. FlowWithTheGo23

FlowWithTheGo23 Black Belt

Cain Velasquez has absolutely ruined the HW division, and not in some sort of good way.

7. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

If Cain wins he should fight a worthy contender. Like JDS or Bigfoot.

8. TheRuthlessOne

TheRuthlessOne 3 Piece and a Soda Belt

That is a great idea!

9. Tooth and Nail

Tooth and Nail Forever Brocktober

Fedor. Please come and save the HW division.

10. screaminleeman

screaminleeman Red Belt

FUck, if Werdum loses, we all lose!

Javier WILL NOT ALLOW Cain to defend that belt against ANYBODY including Werdum when he has that belt secure in his trophy case at AKA as a PPS (Pay per selfie) form of revenue.

Blame Cain all tou want. Fact is he is 100% healthy active and the best fighter in MMA when Javier does NOT have his belt to sell selfies to the kids.

He is 100% the biggest injury riddled non-defender of the belt when Javier does have his PPS strap at AKA.

You do the math. Javier and the entire AKA needs to be banned from the UFC, and their fighters FORCED to join a real fight camp given Javiers track record.

I still think Javier and Frank got back together and are having Cain intentionally sabotage the UFC HW division for some nefarious reason.

I will say that given 11 fights per card and 52 weeks per year makes a 600 fighter roster the biggest joke in MMA history.

The UFC needs to "split" back to a UFC/ WEC setup, or jetison some weightclasses.

The math is simple. with 600+ fighters on the UFC roster and a maximum of 572 fights slots in a year = less that TWO fights per UFC fighter per year.

ADHD is NOT required to forget about fighters competing at that frequency.

I actually wouldn't mind Shamrock and Javier taking the HW division as long as they are willing to allow them to fight more than once or twice a year max.:icon_evil

11. johncola

johncola Red Belt

If he loses a competitive fight then they really have to give Werdum the rematch. If Cain just blitzes him though then I think the UFC 188 fight will be written off as an anomaly, and they'll look to give Cain Arlovski/Mir or Stipe in Mexico next year.

12. Senzo Tanaka

Senzo Tanaka Silver Belt

No, Werdum won't get the rematch if he loses. UFC wants Cain as champion, not Werdum. That's why he's getting the rematch in the first place.

If Cain goes in and TKOs Werdum, that's what was "supposed to" happen in the first fight. Since it didn't happen, UFC is giving him another chance. It's basically fixing fights and should be illegal.

13. Joe_Armstrong

Joe_Armstrong Starfleet Belt

Cain getting the rematch is just not right.

14. LilMountain

LilMountain Section 20 Operative

No, they need to mix it up a little, maybe Rothwell or Big Nog this time

15. esalmighty

esalmighty Purple Belt

Should pick the lowest ranked HW in the division and give him a titleshot

16. LilMountain

LilMountain Section 20 Operative

Like I said, Big Nog :icon_chee

17. Mixfight

Mixfight Black Belt

Cain doesnt deserve a rematch but I think they could make a lot of money off a trilogy fight if Werdum loses.

I think Werdum is going to win though and the UFC will have to swallow the pill of Cain not being the best HW in the world.

18. TeamTanner

TeamTanner Red Belt

Which makes a lot of sense as the UFC would prefer to have a younger, dominant champion at HW for a potentially long title reign as well as someone who may capture the interest of the Mexican community.

Cain hasn't been that dominant, but if he can start to stay healthy, he's still the best possibility at HW that the UFC has right now.

19. VictorCosta

VictorCosta Brown Belt

I have a hard time seeing Cain beating Werdum this time around. He was defeated in every area of mma, it was not like the one hit kill by JDS. It was an all around destruction by werdum much like Dillaw vs Barao.

20. CJohnny

CJohnny Black Belt

Werdum only started to win at everything when Cain gassed. When Cain was it with he was winning the fight and Werdum was not threating anything to him. Cain was winning the stand up and when they are in the clinch Cain did got some TDs from it. And lets not forget that it was not anything close to the best Cain.