If Cain got a rematch after one win, why shouldn't JDS?

This may be why ?

BoetschandJuniorOW.jpg

He took a hell of a 1 sided clobbering.

They cannot go to the trilogy so quickly. JDS got beat up real bad in this fight and has some things to clearly do. Cain didn't get an immediate rematch and probably wouldn't have fought JDS so quickly Mr. Steroid got suspended. JDS will get a another fight once he's healed and be back in line for a shot.

He'll get the fight when he KOs Overeem. He wont have to wait long.

JDS will fight Cain soon as ppl think... $$$$$$ to be made in a third match... Hope UFC dont become WWE.

Jds I'd one of my favorites but I think two wins is fair hear. I cain was a replacement for for a suspended overream. Cain was caught in his loss. Jds was taken apart in his.

JDS should as well. JDS should fight Cormier. If he wins, he can fight the winner of Cain/Overeem (if Overeem beats Bigfoot).

Who says he won't.
I think it would need to be an impressive win.

Neither have had another fight yet, so hush.

ya I agree. They should and will definitely meet again.

SeatleFightFan answered the question back on page 1.

Cain also got a shot due to lack of contenders

This. Will all due respect to Velasquez, the whole Overeem affair kind of helped him to get a shot I think. Great contenders were around (Werdum and Cormier, for example), but management probably wished to see them compete again before a title shot.

Now with those contenders still around and potentially marching closer toward the champion, it won't be easy for JDS to get a new shot. However, I'm sure he'll eventually get it. He's not my favourite fighter but we're far from having seen everything this guy has to offer.

They cannot go to the trilogy so quickly. JDS got beat up real bad in this fight and has some things to clearly do. Cain didn't get an immediate rematch and probably wouldn't have fought JDS so quickly Mr. Steroid got suspended. JDS will get a another fight once he's healed and be back in line for a shot.

Cain was in a number 1 contender fight with Mir. So regardless of what happened to overeem, it would have been one fight.

I'm a JDS fan, but I particularly don't care if he gets a rematch after 1 fight. While I do think he can beat Cain in a third fight, and there's no taking away from what he did in the first match, Cain's latest win was essentially five rounds of him dominating the fight. If you look at it from the UFC's perspective it's a bit easier to promote a rematch for a fight that didn't make it past the first round because you have the angle of "He just got caught," to fall back on, rather than 25 minutes of almost complete control.

With that said the HW division has always been the thinnest in the UFC's roster. I'm not sure where they're going to take it from here, but I think we should at least see how some other key matches play out before we jump to immediate rematch. It's obvious that if both fighters win their next couple fights they'll meet again though.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this is the answer

There's no absolute method people. Shit happens and they make the matches based on what they have to work with.

This is why I'm always saying rankings don't matter...

You nailed it. With injuries, upsets and things happening throughout the year, an official rankings system is a waste of time.

Because Overeem got busted. Because Cain beat Bigfoot and JDS to a bloody fucking pulp. Because JDS did NOT do that to Cain. Because JDS might actually get another shit soon if he looks great in his next fight. Because there are other contenders.

But most importantly because 25 minutes of bloody domination >>> one 65 second KO punch.

Lap it up losers!

Because rematches are suppose to be hard earned, doubly so for title matches. When you hand them out so quickly, they become do-over fights for the guy who lost. and thats extremely insulting to the guy that won (see: anderson vs. chael).

Cain should not have gotten his title shot already. The UFC screwed up not having a challenger on deck. Ridiculous since they bought out an entire company for the HW division & ran out of new guys for JDS

Because Overeem got busted. Because Cain beat Bigfoot and JDS to a bloody fucking pulp. Because JDS did NOT do that to Cain. Because JDS might actually get another shit soon if he looks great in his next fight. Because there are other contenders.

But most importantly because 25 minutes of bloody domination >>> one 65 second KO punch.

Lap it up losers!

How old are you?

It depends on how JDS performs against his next opponent. Im hoping its against Overeem after Overeem obliterates Bigfoot. I know Overeem should be next in line for the belt but Id really, REALLY, love to see the blood feud thats been brewing between Reem and JDS come to a head.

Back