If bryce gets 20% better at striking

LOL are you seriously comparing Bryce ground game to Maia? Their skills level is not even in the same universe.
Yeah that's pretty fucking absurd. Maia is what like a 4x world BJJ champ that subbed Chael Sonnen, and Chael Sonnen has never even lost a match. Maia is a savage on the ground, and he also compared him to Khabib. Khabib would take Bryce down and roll him into a dough. Bryce is good but he would have to advance his game leaps and bounds to beat the top guy in that division. I don't see him cracking top 5 any time in the next 2 years

I mean yeah... Fighters evolve, don't you remember ortega when he fought holloway and him now? All im saying is that his skills right now are really good for a prospect duh.
Ortega had a good fight. I think Max beats him up again. I think a lot of that stuff was the UFC selling Ortega as the next challenger. I'm not sold on Ortega 2.0. He's still a good fighter but i'm not buying the new and improved stuff.

I mean yeah, but the whole premisse of my thread was " if he gets better at this part of the game he's champ material" do you desagree with that? If no than you're just hating like a dumbass for attention, not really adding to the discussion.
If he can improve significantly as a striker, I agree his ceiling is quite high.

his grappling pressure is great, but I don't see anything that tells me this dude is elite of elite. I see middle of the pack 5,6, more than I see champion. A skinny fili was able to negate much of his top control and explode out of his control. A better TDD artist will do better while also causing damage.

Holloway and Volk are horrible match-ups for him. Mitchell tends to gas out in the third and his takedowns were pretty bad after the second round, good luck stopping Holloway.

Ortega, Kron, Ryan Hall, Zabit, some good grapplers also at 145, and most of them already are good strikers

He has good TD but it was very annoying to see that he was not able to hold or secure any positions on the ground.

His ground control isn't very good and he got reversed against Fili lol. Ortega, Hall, Kron are better on the ground but he has better takedowns

I mean yeah... Fighters evolve, don't you remember ortega when he fought holloway and him now? All im saying is that his skills right now are really good for a prospect duh.

Ortega is WAY bigger than Bryce, with a much longer reach. That is a tremendous asset that Mitchell lacks.

Back