If Brock Lesnar can be gifted a titleshot, why can't Conor?

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Why can Brock rush into a ring from nowhere and be gifted a titleshot? Especially after testing positive and being away for over 2 years! That's ok with most people cause it's Brock.

On the other hand you have Conor who was the lineal 155 champ, was stripped for inactivity and then came back to show he was still the champ but got his shit pushed in by Khabib! Fair enough.

Now, my point is that if Khabib is out indefinitely, let's say 1 year or more, and he gets stripped....I do not feel that a Tony vs Conor titlefight would be crazy. Conor is and will always be a 2 division champ, 1 of them being LW, something that Dustin and Al never were; moreover, he already beat Dustin at 145 and Al himself was bullied by Khabib the whole fight, standing and on the ground.

This coming from a former Conor fan, the Conor who talked trash but was extremely focused and obsessed with being the best fighter around, the Conor that said "they're all the same to me". I found him somehow inspiring (even though I'm a doctor and not a fighter), I was a bit of a nuthugger let's say!

I still like him but his insults in the Khabib fight became really a bit too much for me....talking about Khabib's dad and his dear-driven "loyalty" to Kadyrov, accusing Ali of terrorism (btw he is a bit of a dick) etc

Make whatever arguments you want. But Brock was a past champion that actually defended his belt. And last time he came back it wasn’t even for the title.

McGregor is not God. He doesn’t deserve all the perks he gets from the corrupt UFC and their confederate corrupt ACs.

But he makes them all money and that’s the only excuse greedy and corrupt entities need to justify their bullshit.

Conor already had several gifted title shots. The guy shouldnt even be near top 5 he is 1-1 at LW .

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I don't have a problem with Conor getting a chance to fight for the interim title, as long as it is against Ferguson. If Cowboy vs Conor is made official as an (interim) title fight, I'm done.

Brock actually has title defenses.

304667.jpg

He's had enough gifts as it is and at least Brock wouldn't hold up the damn division while being perfectly healthy he'd defend his belt if he won or give it up and move on with his life, can't say the same about Conor.

Why can Brock rush into a ring from nowhere and be gifted a titleshot? Especially after testing positive and being away for over 2 years! That's ok with most people cause it's Brock.

On the other hand you have Conor who was the lineal 155 champ, was stripped for inactivity and then came back to show he was still the champ but got his shit pushed in by Khabib! Fair enough.

Now, my point is that if Khabib is out indefinitely, let's say 1 year or more, and he gets stripped....I do not feel that a Tony vs Conor titlefight would be crazy. Conor is and will always be a 2 division champ, 1 of them being LW, something that Dustin and Al never were; moreover, he already beat Dustin at 145 and Al himself was bullied by Khabib the whole fight, standing and on the ground.

This coming from a former Conor fan, the Conor who talked trash but was extremely focused and obsessed with being the best fighter around, the Conor that said "they're all the same to me". I found him somehow inspiring (even though I'm a doctor and not a fighter), I was a bit of a nuthugger let's say!

I still like him but his insults in the Khabib fight became really a bit too much for me....talking about Khabib's dad and his dear-driven "loyalty" to Kadyrov, accusing Ali of terrorism (btw he is a bit of a dick) etc

How many title shots does he need to be granted?

I am all for him having an interim fight Tony. If he is good enough to win that? Then of course he will have the mega fight with Khabib.

I do think Tony wil survive an early onslaught and force Conor to tap to strikes.

Better question, if Brock and Jones are publicly allowed to use steroids why can't everyone else ?

They're not gifts, the company wants Ricky Roma to handle it's best property, not "The Machine" Levene.

If you can sell a 300K title fight for 2.5millions you'll get the biggest office with a view everywhere.

Both are wrong
Both will also be bigger fights then anything else in there respective divisions

Khabib just dominated Conor. As much of a fan as I am I can't see him improving much since then. Brock has no chance against DC but at least there is some mystery there.

Conor got 2 gift title shots at 155. The first one he was 0:0 at 155. The second time he was 1:0 with a long lay off. But I am all in for another gift title shot at 145. I want to see him fight Max. That's the only good fight for him right now.

From a sports perspective, he shouldn't be, but the UFC is rapidly moving in a sports entertainment direction, so anything is possible. The UFC will make whatever fight they think will generate the most revenue whether or not is makes sense for any other reason.

Make whatever arguments you want. But Brock was a past champion that actually defended his belt. And last time he came back it wasn’t even for the title.

McGregor is not God. He doesn’t deserve all the perks he gets from the corrupt UFC and their confederate corrupt ACs.

But he makes them all money and that’s the only excuse greedy and corrupt entities need to justify their bullshit.
Welcome to the "sport" that is the McUFC.

Let's see:

1. Brock is a former champion who defended his belt
2. He's not stopping rightful contenders getting a shot (Stipe just got KO'ed in the 1st round, he needs to fight again)
3. Conor lost his last fight. Badly. There are two (Tony/Poirier) fighters ahead of him who deserve a shot

Back